So you clearly think that the 8800 Ultra is a waste of money, but you do have some serious dollars to spend. Then the MSI GeForce NX8800GTX OC Liquid could possibly be the card for you, why? Well this particular card retails for under AU$1000 which makes it anywhere between AU$100 and AU$400 cheaper than the Ultra, it is water cooled, is already established itself as a performance card, and it looks unreal.
We have not seen MSI venture to water cooled cards before and the 8800 GTX is still of a bit of an untapped market for this. Asus has an Aqua model which uses the aging Tide Water system from Thermaltake. This particular system is not too quiet, takes up a load of room, and is generally pretty inefficient. The only other company to have a water cooled card is BFG Tech but its version is a bit more hardcore, it is only for people who already have a water cooled system in their case.
MSI on the other hand seems to use its own design which unlike the Tide Water looks to cool everything from the GPU to the memory and unlike the BFG Tech is an all in one system making it a good option for people who do not really know what they are doing.
I am a bit of a water cooling n00b - my first experience involved a pool of water on the bottom of a Thermaltake case so I am all for a solution like this, if it works.
Has MSI managed to come up with an easy-to-use water cool system that lets enthusiasts push the GeForce 8800 GTX to new levels? Well let us find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99