So you clearly think that the 8800 Ultra is a waste of money, but you do have some serious dollars to spend. Then the MSI GeForce NX8800GTX OC Liquid could possibly be the card for you, why? Well this particular card retails for under AU$1000 which makes it anywhere between AU$100 and AU$400 cheaper than the Ultra, it is water cooled, is already established itself as a performance card, and it looks unreal.
We have not seen MSI venture to water cooled cards before and the 8800 GTX is still of a bit of an untapped market for this. Asus has an Aqua model which uses the aging Tide Water system from Thermaltake. This particular system is not too quiet, takes up a load of room, and is generally pretty inefficient. The only other company to have a water cooled card is BFG Tech but its version is a bit more hardcore, it is only for people who already have a water cooled system in their case.
MSI on the other hand seems to use its own design which unlike the Tide Water looks to cool everything from the GPU to the memory and unlike the BFG Tech is an all in one system making it a good option for people who do not really know what they are doing.
I am a bit of a water cooling n00b - my first experience involved a pool of water on the bottom of a Thermaltake case so I am all for a solution like this, if it works.
Has MSI managed to come up with an easy-to-use water cool system that lets enthusiasts push the GeForce 8800 GTX to new levels? Well let us find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel