So you clearly think that the 8800 Ultra is a waste of money, but you do have some serious dollars to spend. Then the MSI GeForce NX8800GTX OC Liquid could possibly be the card for you, why? Well this particular card retails for under AU$1000 which makes it anywhere between AU$100 and AU$400 cheaper than the Ultra, it is water cooled, is already established itself as a performance card, and it looks unreal.
We have not seen MSI venture to water cooled cards before and the 8800 GTX is still of a bit of an untapped market for this. Asus has an Aqua model which uses the aging Tide Water system from Thermaltake. This particular system is not too quiet, takes up a load of room, and is generally pretty inefficient. The only other company to have a water cooled card is BFG Tech but its version is a bit more hardcore, it is only for people who already have a water cooled system in their case.
MSI on the other hand seems to use its own design which unlike the Tide Water looks to cool everything from the GPU to the memory and unlike the BFG Tech is an all in one system making it a good option for people who do not really know what they are doing.
I am a bit of a water cooling n00b - my first experience involved a pool of water on the bottom of a Thermaltake case so I am all for a solution like this, if it works.
Has MSI managed to come up with an easy-to-use water cool system that lets enthusiasts push the GeForce 8800 GTX to new levels? Well let us find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design