Let's review a bit. Performance-wise, this heatsink is second only to the Gladiator when it comes to aggressive overclocking. Considering that copper sinks are still bringing in a pretty high price tag, this unit makes a serious bid for your cooling dollars. It was pretty much a fight all the way through between this sink and the original, but remember before when I said that I'd let you know what was special about this one?
At a quick glance, it might seem that this heatsink was nothing more than a newer version of the original. The temperatures were very close in nearly every test run and at every clock speed. So why spend the extra four bucks to get the new kid on the block? Simply put, it managed to cool down the processor in about half the amount of time it took for the original model. So when you start that all night fragfest, your processor will cool down much quicker when you go to take that beer break. It's stating the obvious, but it's a given that the quicker your processor cools down, the better off it will be. We steal some of the lifespan from our precious T-Birds when we overclock them, but this heatsink will help you give some of that life back.
I was a bit disappointed about the performance of the YS Tech fan. While I didn't put all the numbers up for it, the results were generally 1-2C degrees hotter. On many of these tests, that will put it out of the reach of some of the other competitors, but it is considerably quieter. While the 2 dBA lower sound output may not seem like much, it makes a very noticeable difference when it's running. So if quiet is more important than cooling potential, then this will be the fan choice for you.
Bottom line...If you have any plans at all of overclocking your computer, then you're going to need some dependable cooling. This heatsink will provide you with just that. Performance just a bit lower than the Gladiator at a fraction of the cost makes this a great deal all around.
Textured Fin Technology
Choice of fans
Rating 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99