When the nForce 600 series chips were designed, Nvidia not only made a great reference board, but even the BIOS too. Nvidia has dubbed it NV BIOS and if you want to use Designed by Nvidia branding you need to use the NV BIOS settings, which, of course, XFX has done. Award 6.0 modular BIOS is used with the Overclocking submenus located under the Advanced Chipset Features Menu.
FSB Clock (QDR): 400MHz to 2500Mhz in 1MHz increments
Mem Clock (DDR): 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz increments
PCIe x16_1: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
PCIe x16_2: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
SPP MCP: 200MHz to 500MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Core: 0.90v to 1.60v in 0.025v increments
CPU FSB: 1.2v to 1.5v in 0,05v increments
Mem: 1.8v to 2.5v in 0.1v increments
nForce SPP: 1.2v to 1.5v in 0.5v increments
As with our DFI board, we did not get the same speeds out of the 680i LT SLI as we did out of the 680i SLI as it is a more cut down version.
We managed to get 2MHz lower FSB with the XFX compared to the DFI, toping out at 485MHz FSB with the RAM running at 1:1 ratio. Lowering the RAM ratio did nothing to increase overclocking so we left it at 1:1 for tests for best memory performance.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale