Remember Corsair? That memory manufacturer with all the high-end toys? Well, it is back with another one, and this time it is 8GB of goodness that you can slip into your pocket. Yes, you guessed it, it is a USB flash drive, but not just any old USB drive, as this is the Flash Voyager GT, one of the fastest on the market, at least if you are to believe the hype. But let us start with a quick recap about USB drives and the development of the market.
When USB drives arrived some years ago, we doubt anyone ever thought they would become such a commodity item. Considering that even an 8MB drive in the early days would set you back upwards of US$100 if not more, it is quite amazing how cheap they are these days. You can easily pick up an 8GB drive for around the US$100 mark, so if you are still sitting on a 32MB drive, it is time you upgraded.
Not only have the devices themselves got a lot smaller and faster, but these days there is a lot of extra functionality - such as encryption or the ability to run applications from your memory key - and you can even get ruggedized drives for those of us that have a habit of dropping things.
With Windows Vista a new use for USB flash drives was introduced - ReadyBoost - and we are going to put the Flash Voyager GT to the test in that to see if it makes a difference. We will also be measuring the drive's performance in real world file copy tests and using HD Tech and comparing it against two other drives, the previous-generation Flash Voyager, and the SanDisk Cruzer Micro. So let us move on to the results and see if the Corsair Flash Voyager GT lives up to expectations.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog