MSI has gone with the same AMI BIOS setup that they have used on their previous boards. MSI is a big supporter of the AMI BIOS, which has matured over the last couple of years to be a real contender for Award's own. MSI uses its Cell Menu for the location of all their overclocking options
Adjust FSB: 200MHz to 500MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: 1.30v to 2.0875v in 0.0125v Increments
Memory Voltage: 1.8v to 3.3v in 0.05v Increments
NB Core: 1.25v to 1.5v in 0.025v Increments
SB Core: 1.54v to 1.58v in 0.03v Increments
SB I/O: 1.5v to 1.7v in 0.05v Increments
Our overclocking results for the MSI P35 were not as impressive as our best P965 motherboards that we have tested in the past.
You have to allow for the fact this is new silicon and first revision retail which should mature like the older P965 chipset over time.
We did manage to hit an FSB of 478MHz with a multiplier of 7x to give us 3346MHz, which is still quite impressive.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system