MSI's P6N SLI Platinum uses the AMI Megatrends base for its BIOS setup. MSI has a history of using the AMI BIOS for its boards which have really grown up in terms of maturity, AMI in the past has been the BIOS to avoid, but over the last two years it has improved quite a bit. MSI puts all of its clocking options under the Cell Menu, which is where it normally resides on the company's Core Cell boards.
FSB Clock: 400MHz to 2500MHz in 1MHz increments
Memory Clock: 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz increments
PCIe: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Voltage: +0.0125v to +0.2875v in 0.0125v increments
Memory Voltage: 1.8v to 2.8v in 0.05v increments
NB Core: 1.25v to 1.5v in 0.025v increments
SB Core: 1.54v to 1.58v in 0.03v increments
SB Dual: 1.5v to 1.7v in 0.05v increments
CPU VTT Ref Voltage: 2% to 20% in various increments
While we only managed 466MHz FSB on our ECS board, we went slightly higher on our MSI board.
Using BIOS revision 1.1 we managed to hit 472MHz FSB with memory at 2.4v, CPU at +0.1000V, NB and SB voltages at max and CPU VTT Reg at 20%. It is clear the 650i chipset is not intended to clock to the max.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017