While the Nvidia 680i SLI is the enthusiast level chipset from Nvidia, it is certainly not within everybody's price range. 680i LT has brought the price down quite a bit, but there is still a price premium for this high-end chipset, this is why you need to have a mid-range portfolio.
Nvidia has listened, traditionally there are only one or two chipsets for each platform from Nvidia, but currently the company has four for the Core 2 platform, five if you want to count the old 590 Intel Edition. Within the 600-series there are now a total of four options; 680i SLI for the enthusiast, 680i LT for the high-end, 650i SLI for the mid-range and the 650i ultra for the vale end of the market.
We have tested a motherboard from ECS, our first 650i SLI chipset, which we found to be a very good contender. Its performance was on the money, in fact it was not that far behind the 680i-series, only the SLI implementation and a few additional features are where the chipset really differs. 650i falls back on the old twin PCI Express x8 slots for its SLI setup. If you want to use SLI, your graphics cards only run at x8 speeds, this eliminates the ability to run quad-SLI.
Today we have MSI's incarnation of the 650i SLI chipset, the P6N SLI Platinum.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni