In The Box
Once you have emptied the box, you have the device and two cables. You will only be using one for your device, but both are included to give more flexibility during installation. The white cable is for those with an empty USB header on the motherboard and the black cable is for those who do not and need to connect the device through an external port.
One item of note regarding the external cable: you may need it to be just a bit longer. Most will likely not have a large problem, but if you are running, say, dual graphics and a couple of PCI boards that reside high on the motherboard, you may need to do some reorganizing to get an open port for your USB cable. Not a huge issue, but it bears noting.
The front of the device has a simple and straightforward design that does not take a rocket scientist to figure out. The floppy drive is on the top and the other readers/writers are positioned below. As we said earlier, this device fits in the traditional 3.5-inch external drive bay.
As far as compatibility goes, this "YD Series" device will read and write to all varieties of Compact Flash, Smart Media, SD, xD, MMC and Memory Stick media types. It is even compatible with the IBM Micro Drives for those with the high-end digital cameras that take advantage of this media type.
The back side of the device is pretty standard fare with a FDD cable port and a power header that uses a normal FDD power connector from your system power supply. This gets the floppy drive part of the device running, but the reader/writer functions will be connected from below.
On the bottom of the drive unit you will see a port that allows you to attach the appropriate cable to your system. The arrow shows the location of this port. The casing is also arranged where you can run that cable inside the confines of the drive and out the back beside the power connection. This allows those with little room around their 3.5-inch drive bay to still make use of this device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog