If you ask a different folks about their opinions on a given topic you will likely get different answers. This sentiment has been true for a while now with regards to the need of a floppy drive. Yes, those little plastic covered disks are out of date, but unless you have been quick to jump on Windows Vista, odds are good you will have need of one when it comes time to install an operating system on your brand new SATA drive.
So you go out and get a floppy drive and maybe even just install it for OS installations then put it away. But what if you could get some added functionality from your device? Would that make a difference? After all, floppy drives are pretty handy for BIOS flashes and hardware firmware updates too.
Enter Scythe, a company that has been around since late 2002 and are well known for their cooling products. Its aim is to give the DIY crowd something workable at a reasonable price. One of Scythe's latest projects was to create a device that works with a lot of different media types but also includes the functionality of a floppy drive. Basically the YD-8V08 is a 3.5-inch device that combines a card reader (18 formats according to the marketing media) and a floppy drive. Does it all work together? Read on to see for yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance