Moving to the internals shows, at first glance, a very standard design. We have been seeing several manufacturers coming out with a standardized design and then make up the difference in little extras. We have already seen some of the innovative ideas on the front panel of the enclosure, so let us take a little closer look at the internals.
Starting at the top we have space for four devices requiring a 5.25-inch drive bay. The top two plates are equipped with a spring loaded door that allows you to have two off-colored optical drives and still not have an ugly front to the enclosure. During system installation I installed a pair of drives in these bays and had only one issue; and that was with a non-standard drive.
While testing with a TDK CD-RW drive, the larger than normal drive tray would hang when returning the tray into the drive. A simple flick of the finger is all it took to correct the issue, but it should be noted that you may want to install your non-standard optical drive in one of the two lower bays. Alternatively, you could move one of the hinged doors down and mount the drive normally. All other drives that I used with this case worked without a hitch. It was not a big issue, but bears noting.
Moving down brings us to the 3.5-inch drive bays. There is one externally accessible bay, but it is not mandatory for you to have an external drive since there is a cover to let you use it for extra hard drive storage if that is what you want.
The bottom portion of the drive tower shows space for four hard disk drives. This gives a lot of room for storage and brings the total number of 3.5-inch drive bays to six with one being accessible from the outside.
While there is not a fan included with the default configuration of this enclosure, you have room in front of the hard drive bays for either an 80mm or 120mm fan of your own choosing. While there is not any venting for this fan on the side panels, there is airflow allowed from the bottom. As long as you do not put your system directly on a plush carpeted floor you will have no problems with this fan getting enough air to be useful.
Checking out the rear portion of the case shows a pretty standard expansion card retention system and the single fan that comes with the base setup. The fan is an 80mm model and there is space for another if you are so inclined. There is nothing fancy back here and the installation of your system will be very straightforward.
Installing an Athlon FX based motherboard shows that there is enough room to work inside the case when you get down to building your system. Since it is a mid-tower enclosure, there is not a huge amount of extra space, but there is enough to easily get the job done with a minimum of fuss.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T