Package and Contents
First off as we always do here at TweakTown we take a look at what the board comes packed in as well as what extra goodies you get for your dollars. Let us start with the box that DFI ships the board in. The front is plain white with the model number written in green and the company logo, the back has a full colour photo of the board. We would normally show a picture of the back too, however it was covered in shipping labels.
When it comes to the documents and software we cannot complain on what DFI has to offer here. A single user manual explains all the ins and outs of the board as well as the BIOS setup features, so there is very little chance you will get stuck on a problem with this board. There are three floppy disks with drivers for the Nvidia and Silicon Image 3132 RAID controllers to help you install Windows XP, XP64 and Vista. The CD contains all the main Windows XP and Vista drivers you are going to need for setup.
For the accessories you get, DFI is second only to ASUS, who really puts a great accessory bundle in with its boards. Out of the total eight SATA ports there are four data cables and two power splitters with support for two drives per splitter.
In terms of the parallel cables a single IDE with 2-drive support is included and a FDD cable with single drive support. Both cables are rounded and covered in a UV reactive sleeve giving a nice orange glow under a UV black light.
DFI has elected to use what they call the KARAJAN audio module. This is a small break out module that you plug into the board in order to use the onboard audio system. If you prefer to use a discrete audio card you just simply keep the audio module off the board. An SLI bridge connector is provided to give you the ability to run two Nvidia SLI capable cards in SLI mode.
When DFI ships its board it does not come with a heatsink on the northbridge, you have to install it yourself. DFI gives you a large heatsink that passively cools the chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup