BFG as usual carries that premium price tag that we generally see on its products, while this may be out of reach for some people the features the brand offers really make it quite a good deal, with 24/7 tech support in the US, and a lifetime warranty offered not only in the US but most other countries including Australia, the card becomes great value for a lot of people. Not everyone upgrades their computer every 6 months and the chances are if you are buying a mid-range card you are not one of those people who feel it necessary to upgrade every generation - these users usually are addicted to top-end cards like the 8800s.
The overclock out of box is not too bad, while the core has got a bit of a bump it is disappointing to see that the memory runs at the standard 2000MHz DDR. When it came to overclocking though we found the card had no trouble achieving the same speeds that the XFX was capable off, it would seem that XFX have really overclocked the card to the max.
If you are looking for a card that is above average, no doubt the BFG Tech should be on your shortlist, the lifetime warranty and features like 24/7 tech support are a big plus. Yes, it does come with a price tag but it is nice to know that you are getting something for your money. As we said earlier sometimes it is little things like these that people prefer over a dated game that they are not going to play after a few weeks.
24/7 Tech Support for US Residents
Further overclocking headroom
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER