BIOS and Overclocking
Being based on nVidia's nForce 650i chipset, there is a BIOS layout set out by nVidia to gain "Designed by nVidia" credentials. ECS has followed the NV BIOS setup quite well. Award 6.0 modular BIOS is used as the base. All overclocking features are located under the Advanced Chipset Features menu with various sub menus where the major features are located.
FSB (QDR): 400MHz to 2500MHz in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR): 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E: 100MHz to 131MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Core: 0.850v to 1.60v in 0.025v Increments
CPU FSB: 1.2v to 1.4v in 0.05v Increments
Memory: 1.8v to 2.2v in 0.05v Increments
nForce SPP: 1.2v to 1.5v in 0.05v Increments
Our overclocking tests were quite good considering there wasn't a huge amount of tweaking to be had in terms of voltages and we are working with a motherboard that is considerably cheaper than most other boards in the nForce 6xx series.
Using BIOS version 07/03/07 which is the latest from the ECS website, we managed to hit 466MHz (1864MHz QDR) FSB quite happily and we are fairly pleased with the result, all things considered. Sure, it's much lower than the maximum we've seen from some boards (500MHz+) but attainable FSB is still quite high and will keep basic overclockers happy.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance