Package and Contents
First off like normal, we take a look at the extras you're supplied in the packaging. If you're spending a fortune on a board, you are going to want something for your dollar apart from a board but if you're spending very little, expect the basics.
The ECS 650i SLI board is aimed at the mid-range user who doesn't want to spend a lot on their systems but still get the performance they strive for, so the board is priced accordingly and the package reflects this. The box itself from the front is rather plain, with just the model number and the brand logo.
The back of the box has a great deal of information on the board's features as well as a full color photo of the board, so there are no surprises on what you get.
ECS has a good amount of documentation included with the board. You get one user manual that gives full information on the board's features, setup processes and BIOS settings. The other two manuals that are included are simple pamphlets for quick install of the board as well as BIOS setup. The software CD included gives drivers for XP, XP64 and Windows Vista. It's now a requirement to include Vista drivers with the boards in order to be considered a universal board for all the Windows operating systems.
Lastly we come down to the extras such as the cables. ECS only provides a couple of SATA data cables out of a total of four SATA ports, a single IDE parallel cable, a single PCB SLI bridge and an I/O shield. In all, very little is included, if you want to use all four SATA ports, you will need to purchases extra SATA data cables. If your PSU doesn't have any SATA HDD power plugs, you're going to need to buy all four separately, a bit of a disappointment as cables aren't really that expensive but clearly ECS are trying to keep the cost of the product as low as possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent