When we had a look at the Palit Radeon X1950GT 512MB the other week, we noticed that at the higher resolutions, it would put up more of a fight against the higher clocked 256MB graphics cards, such as the Radeon X1950PRO and GeForce 7900GS.
With the new Sapphire Radeon X1950GT 256MB in hand, it was clear what we wanted to find out - does the extra memory really come in handy? We saw that the cut back to 320MB on the GeForce 8800GTS had quite the impact on performance and it often mentioned that 512MB can be handy on the right card as long as it had the GPU power to back it up.
As we are using the Sapphire Radeon X1950GT graphics card which we haven't looked at before, we will be going through and checking out its package while having a closer look at the card before we get stuck into the benchmarks.
Let's see exactly what Sapphire have done to the Radeon X1950GT and how it differs to what we saw in Palit's more expensive 512MB version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's 3D Touch is coming to Android phones
- Report: Apple to launch 4K 21.5-inch iMac next week
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio