When we had a look at the Palit Radeon X1950GT 512MB the other week, we noticed that at the higher resolutions, it would put up more of a fight against the higher clocked 256MB graphics cards, such as the Radeon X1950PRO and GeForce 7900GS.
With the new Sapphire Radeon X1950GT 256MB in hand, it was clear what we wanted to find out - does the extra memory really come in handy? We saw that the cut back to 320MB on the GeForce 8800GTS had quite the impact on performance and it often mentioned that 512MB can be handy on the right card as long as it had the GPU power to back it up.
As we are using the Sapphire Radeon X1950GT graphics card which we haven't looked at before, we will be going through and checking out its package while having a closer look at the card before we get stuck into the benchmarks.
Let's see exactly what Sapphire have done to the Radeon X1950GT and how it differs to what we saw in Palit's more expensive 512MB version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis