When it comes to having an HTPC, looks of the enclosure can be a deal-breaker to many. After all, one of the primary goals of this type of system is to have it sitting out with next to that big screen LCD television. An ugly case just won't cut it, so the Duet took a sleek approach and offers their enclosure with a smooth silver exterior. The optical bays are hidden away as are the front I/O ports so this box won't be an eyesore sitting out in the open. While the brand moniker on the front indicates it is meant to sit flat as pictured above, the case can easily be turned onto the side and stand next to an entertainment center. The venting of the enclosure will allow for ample airflow for the internal components regardless of the direction you orient the case.
Taking a closer look behind the closed doors shows space for two optical devices and a floppy drive. The button tucked away in the lower right corner is the reset button so it shouldn't cause any problems with accidental reboots.
The other side of the case hides away the front I'O ports. These are pretty generic and should handle most of your needs for flexibility. The button right above this door is the main power button and is easily accessible without having to open trays and doors.
Moving to the back of the enclosure shows us that even for an HTPC enclosure, there is a lot of room to work with back here. Moving the fan to the front of the case clears up a lot of room in this area. This helps greatly in keeping the footprint to the desired small size.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alcatel announces three mid-range smartphones
- Xiaomi introduces Matte Black Mi Max 2
- Qualcomm launches new Snapdragon Wear 1200 platform
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- AMD's Ryzen Pro Processor Lineup Revealed
- ASRock Motherboard Problem! Please Help!
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus