We used the latest BIOS available on the Foxconn website at time of testing and that being 692F1P17. While nVidia does use an Award BIOS for its NV BIOS setup, Foxconn have gone their own way and are using an AMI Megatrends BIOS. It's something totally different from what we've been used to with 680i motherboard but what is not are the features in the BIOS - everything that nVidia includes in their NV BIOS setup are there in one form or another from Foxconn with a different name.
Foxconn placed all the overclocking sub menus under the Fox Central Control Menu where you can adjust every thing this board has to offer in terms of overclocking and voltages.
FSB Clock (QDR): 400MHz to 2500MHz in 1MHz increments
Memory Clock (DDR): 400MHz to 1400MHz in 1MHz increments
SPP to MCP: 200MHz to 1000MHz in 200MHz increments
MCP to SPP: 200MHz to 1000MHz in 200MHz increments
PCI Express Slot 1: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
PCI Express Slot 2: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
PCI Express Slot 3: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Voltage Offset: +0.125v to +0.25v in + 0.125v increments
Memory Voltage: 1.6914v to 2.3771v in various increments
MCP Voltage: 1.5v to 1.875v in 0.025v increments
SPP Voltage: 1.174v to 1.5704v in various increments
Memory Termination Voltage: 0.8317v to 1.1689v in various increments
VLTD Voltage: 1.1174v to 1.5704v in various increments
As you can see there are quite a few options available to us which should aid quite nicely in overclocking.
Unfortunately we didn't have a huge amount of testing time available to us for overclocking but what we did get in the time we had was amazing. 507MHz FSB was what we managed to get with only having to change the voltages up 2 steps in each case - we think that if we had more time, we might have gotten even more.
It's quite an impressive overclock in that the more expensive ASUS Striker Extreme managed around 510MHz FSB (and we had more time to OC to attain that result) and that costs considerably more and the Foxconn FSB result is a good improvement over the nVidia reference motherboards we have tested from companies like eVGA.
Is Foxconn finally ready to put on their black shiny shoes and try and seriously take on the big guns of the motherboard industry? We're not entirely sure yet but this is certainly a step in the right direction.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER