Around about a couple of years ago, it was hard to find boards of a large variety for the Intel processor platform. Pentium 4 was really a sour spot with the motherboard producers. On the other hand, chipsets for AMD's Athlon 64 processors were plentiful - nVidia, SiS, ULi, ATI and even VIA technologies all had chipsets out to take some market share for Athlon 64.
Now the tables have turned - AMD is on the back burner, while there are chipsets still being made for AMD processors, clearly Core 2 has given Intel new life, and chipsets from the major vendors are coming in hard and fast.
Intel has its own very solid P965 and 975X chipsets along with its upcoming Bearlake P35 and X38 series chipsets with DDR-3 memory support among other things and should show up in the May and June time frame. SiS has new ones coming out, VIA even has started to look into Core 2 and even AMD/ATI has chipsets currently on the market and even working on new ones for their competitors processor platform. nVidia though at this time is the biggest player for Core 2, especially for Dual Graphics SLI.
Today we are looking at another contender for the Core 2 market using the nVidia nForce 680i chipset being Foxconn with their obscurely named N68S7AA-8EKRS2H motherboard. Foxconn has been known in the past for the more budget conscious boards, not wanting to take on the big boys like MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte and the likes who really push overclocking to its limits but it seems like they mean business now and are ready for the challenge.
Let's see just how well this motherboard is able to perform compared to others on the market and if it's worth buying consideration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20