Now we get down to where the nitty gritty is, the BIOS. Award version 6 is the BIOS of choice that EPoX uses for its boards, and it hasn't changed for the Optimus. The Overclocking features are located under the Power BIOS Features Section as well as the Advanced chipset features.
Under the Power BIOS Features menu are the major features for the overclocking, advanced chipset features contains the Hyper Transport divider controls.
CPU Frequency: 100MHz to 500MHz in 0.02MHz increments
PCI Express Bus (NB): 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments or Hyperclock GPU
PCI Express Bus (SB): 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz increments or Hyperclock GPU
Real Time Turbo Mode: +0MHz to +31Mhz in +1MHz increments
CPU Clock Ratio: x4 to CPU Max Supported in +x1 increments
CPU Voltage: -0.2v to +0.35v in 0.025v increments
NB Voltage: 1.2v to 1.55v in 0.025v increments
SB voltage: 1.5v to 1.85v in 0.025v increments
NB/SB HT Voltage: 1.3v to 1.5v in 0.025v increments
DIMM voltage: 1.8v to 2.5v in 0.025v increments
VTT Voltage: 1.2v to 1.55v in 0.025v increments
1.5VSB Voltage: 1.5v to 1.8v in 0.1v increments
The overclocking of the Optimus was quite impressive.
We managed to get it to 364MHz FSB with a multiplier of 6x (2184MHz), with CPU voltage at 1.35v, Northbridge voltage at 1.45v, Southbridge voltage at 1.7v, DIMM voltage at 2.2v, VTT at 1.55v and the Hyper Transport link speed at 3x.
Important Editor Note : Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent