Package and Contents
First off as always we look at the package that the board is shipped in. EPoX usually are known for the plainer package options for their boards and the Optimus is no different. The front of the box is simply black with the Optimus logo and the model number of the board, nothing else apart from the EPoX logo.
The back of the box is a little different. There is a bit more info on the back about the board as well as a full colour picture. This is what we really enjoy to see, as there is really no questions over what the board inside looks like and what you get when you are at your local PC shop.
EPoX does provide a good user manual with their boards. Inside you get a full detailed description of the board, its technical specs, info on connecting headers and cables as well as BIOS and included software settings.
Cable bundles are also very important - if you're going to buy a board with lots of expansion headers, you want to have all of the required cables included, rather than having to go buy extras which can slowly add up in the price department. EPoX does provide a few cables in its box but not the full 100%. Out of the total 8 SATA ports onboard only 6 SATA cables are included, same with the IDE situation, 2 IDE ports, 1 IDE cable. Since there is only 1 FDD port, only 1 FDD cable is needed and it's provided. It's not a bad effort in this department but the situation could have been improved by including ALL cables.
Again out of the 3 extra USB headers, only a single two port USB header bracket is included. Since the EPoX board isn't a standard ATX port layout board EPoX has included an I/O shield.
Lastly we come to the SLI Bridge. Since the boards SLI graphics ports are further apart than pervious boards, a new SLI bridge is supplied. The bridge is a PCB based one (not flexible) with SLI connectors at each end. While a flexible bridge is more preferable, this setup isn't really that bad.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD is aiming at the VR market with its Polaris-based video cards
- Be 'Grimm' in our Season Four Blu-ray giveaway
- Did Bethesda just release its own uPlay-like games launcher?
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched