BIOS and Overclocking
Being a budget board we weren't expecting much, lucky, because that was pretty much what we got. The board uses Award 6 BIOS setup, the typical blue menu screen was our greeting. To find the only overclocking options you have to open the Frequency/Voltage Control menu.
Opening this menu the options are pretty dismal but what do you expect for a board not intended for overclockers? The only frequency option is the CPU clock; you can go from 200MHz to 400MHz in 1MHz increments.
For voltages there are only a couple of options. First is the NPT VID which controls the CPU, you can go as low at 1.0v or as high at 1.35v in 0.025v increments, considering the CPU runs nearly 1.35v by default, you get little in the way of CPU voltage. The other voltage option is the DIMM voltage adjustments where you can go from +0.05v to +0.15v in 0.05v increments, very little indeed.
Overclocking on this board was simply nonexistent, it just doesn't do it. This could be by design or by the early nature of the BIOS that was shipped. There are no HyperTransport dividers, no PCI Express locks, any attempt to go above default resulted in system resets or BSOD's when loading XP. To this end all our tests are done at stock speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [AMD 690G Details]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications