BIOS and Overclocking
Being a budget board we weren't expecting much, lucky, because that was pretty much what we got. The board uses Award 6 BIOS setup, the typical blue menu screen was our greeting. To find the only overclocking options you have to open the Frequency/Voltage Control menu.
Opening this menu the options are pretty dismal but what do you expect for a board not intended for overclockers? The only frequency option is the CPU clock; you can go from 200MHz to 400MHz in 1MHz increments.
For voltages there are only a couple of options. First is the NPT VID which controls the CPU, you can go as low at 1.0v or as high at 1.35v in 0.025v increments, considering the CPU runs nearly 1.35v by default, you get little in the way of CPU voltage. The other voltage option is the DIMM voltage adjustments where you can go from +0.05v to +0.15v in 0.05v increments, very little indeed.
Overclocking on this board was simply nonexistent, it just doesn't do it. This could be by design or by the early nature of the BIOS that was shipped. There are no HyperTransport dividers, no PCI Express locks, any attempt to go above default resulted in system resets or BSOD's when loading XP. To this end all our tests are done at stock speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [AMD 690G Details]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller