World's Fastest Memory? Corsair Dominator PC2-10000
DDR-2 modules just keep getting faster and faster as of late. Companies like OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair and Team for the most part have been looking at ways to one up each other with higher speeds.
Our last high-speed memory that we looked at was OCZ's water cooled FlexXLC modules that managed a stunning top speed of 600MHz or DDR2-1200. While there is some criticism of the DDR-2 memory standard, it has really opened the way for the high-speed memory modules that the new and improved Intel processor platform really does like. While DDR-3 is not that far off, DDR-2 still have some way to go apparently in its latter years of life.
Today we are taking a look at the world's fastest DDR-2 production memory and it's from Corsair. Rated at PC2-10000, it's able to run at 625MHz using a total of 2.4 volts and possibly even more if you are lucky enough. Can it truly dominate the competition, though?
Let's have a look and see what a 2GB dual channel memory kit worth about $750 USD or $1000 AUD down under actually provides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now