World's Fastest Memory? Corsair Dominator PC2-10000
DDR-2 modules just keep getting faster and faster as of late. Companies like OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair and Team for the most part have been looking at ways to one up each other with higher speeds.
Our last high-speed memory that we looked at was OCZ's water cooled FlexXLC modules that managed a stunning top speed of 600MHz or DDR2-1200. While there is some criticism of the DDR-2 memory standard, it has really opened the way for the high-speed memory modules that the new and improved Intel processor platform really does like. While DDR-3 is not that far off, DDR-2 still have some way to go apparently in its latter years of life.
Today we are taking a look at the world's fastest DDR-2 production memory and it's from Corsair. Rated at PC2-10000, it's able to run at 625MHz using a total of 2.4 volts and possibly even more if you are lucky enough. Can it truly dominate the competition, though?
Let's have a look and see what a 2GB dual channel memory kit worth about $750 USD or $1000 AUD down under actually provides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform