World's Fastest Memory? Corsair Dominator PC2-10000
DDR-2 modules just keep getting faster and faster as of late. Companies like OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair and Team for the most part have been looking at ways to one up each other with higher speeds.
Our last high-speed memory that we looked at was OCZ's water cooled FlexXLC modules that managed a stunning top speed of 600MHz or DDR2-1200. While there is some criticism of the DDR-2 memory standard, it has really opened the way for the high-speed memory modules that the new and improved Intel processor platform really does like. While DDR-3 is not that far off, DDR-2 still have some way to go apparently in its latter years of life.
Today we are taking a look at the world's fastest DDR-2 production memory and it's from Corsair. Rated at PC2-10000, it's able to run at 625MHz using a total of 2.4 volts and possibly even more if you are lucky enough. Can it truly dominate the competition, though?
Let's have a look and see what a 2GB dual channel memory kit worth about $750 USD or $1000 AUD down under actually provides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20