Having a look at the front of the box we don't have a lot of detail though we do have the key specifications. We can of course see that the card is an 8800GTS and comes packing a large 640MB of DDR-3 memory along with the fact that the card is Dual DVI like all 8800 cards and majority of the high-end cards from both nVidia and ATI. We can also see that this is of course a Golden Sample card which means that it's pre-overclocked out of the box from the factory. That is good news for people who don't know what they're doing and want some more speed without having to risk making a mistake in the overclocking utilities available.
Turning the box over we see more detail that mainly relate to the 8800 core, we also see a performance graph to let you know where the card should sit compared to onboard graphics and previous releases from nVidia. We can also see the fact like all 8800 series that the card supports SLI and that a second card along with a SLI compatible motherboard is needed to get it up and running.
Opening up the box and diving past the graphics card for the time being we have a very standard package. Included as far as cables and connectors go we have a S-Video to Component/RCA connection for making use of the TV Out capabilities, PCI Express power convertor in the event that your power supply doesn't have one as standard along with a couple DVI to VGA connectors.
Paperwork wise we only have a Quick Start guide which is more a manual then a guide. We of course get our standard Driver CD which comes with Gainward's own Expertool overclocking program. We have two CyberLink DVD's - one with PowerDVD 6 and a DVD solution pack that comes with Power2Go, PowerProducer, PowerBack and MediaShow.
The package is a little disappointing, with it coming in under the Golden Sample name, it would have been nice to also have a game included - it helps you feel like you're buying a better version of a card. There is also no RCA or S-Video cables included so if you don't have any you will have to go buy them separately if you want to make use of the TV Out ability. Hopefully these are two things that Gainward look at closely in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package]
- Page 3 [Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform