- HD Tach v2.61 (Onboard VT8223 Controller)
Can anybody say "Mature IDE controller" here? The scores are on par with the i815E board this drive normally partners with. 3.5% CPU utilisation is also extremely impressive.
- HD Tach v2.60 (Onboard Promise FastTrack100 "Lite" Controller)
I can't believe this benchmark for two reasons. Firstly, when I tried to run version 2.61 of HD Tach, I got a BSOD no matter what I did. Version 2.60 worked successfully, so I used that. Secondly, these drives are 5400RPM, 2½ years old and performing pretty darn close to the 12-month-old 7200RPM drive above. 1.5% CPU utilisation is astounding. One drive was ATA/33, the other was ATA/66, so this will explain the low burst transfer rate.
DroneZ is a game that is distributed with almost every GeForce3 shipping, either in its demo or full form. Despite the GeForce3 (and consequently the whole system) being thoroughly thrashed here, the AX37 Plus delivers. 74.1 frames per second, 1024x768@32bit color, maximum visual quality. 'Nuff said - the AX37 Plus is a very serious contender to the Intel i815E.
From my research, there are very few non-overclocked Pentium III systems that score in excess of 5000 3DMarks at default settings. The AX37 Plus, teamed with DDR memory and the GeForce3, seem to make an excellent team.
- Quake III Arena (VIA Arena Demo)
The VIA Arena demo was chosen due to it being far more demanding than the reference ones included with Quake III. A solid 63.2 frames per second at 1024x768 32bit color is excellent, as this is a very taxing benchmark indeed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio