In all my experience with chipsets from Taiwanese vendor VIA Technologies, I had yet to be impressed by their products. My first taste was the VIA 580VPX for the Pentium MMX, and this was horrendously underpowered compared to the competing solution from Intel, the i430TX. Then came the VIA MVP3...this proved to be a good match for the Super Socket 7 CPUs from AMD, but still lacked the stability and especially the performance that the Intel i440BX provided. The Apollo Pro 133A was next, which created havoc on my system and refused to run in AGP 4x mode. So when I was offered the chance to test a board based on the Apollo Pro 266, I was a little hesitant, but decided to give VIA another chance. Have they improved on previous products? let's find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity