PC hardware is now accelerating quite fast in terms of technological improvements, and to make it in this game now, you need something that works, something that is fast and above all, something that is reliable.
OCZ has fit the bill here with their brand new FlexXLC Edition memory - it not only has extreme speed, it works with its water and passive cooling and from what we saw during our testing, is an extremely reliable product.
Memory is one of the most cut throat industries along with the CPU and GPU market. If you want to survive, you need to have the best product and OCZ by far has achieved that goal with this memory.
The use of the water cooling didn't gain us any extra performance out of our memory. However, we feel, that while this should be the aim for water cooling, there is one greater feature that this has, longevity. Running the modules cooler allows the memory's life to extend beyond normal overclocked modules which can die an earlier death due to over voltage and heat, OCZ has managed to take care of that for you.
The only major problem we see with this memory will be the price. being such a niche market that this memory is aimed for, expect to pay quite a bit more than the other modules on the market otherwise if you're are looking for extremely fast and reliable DDR-2 memory with a difference, pay close attention to the FlexXLC Edition memory from OCZ.
Highest memory clock we have had on Intel P965 (1200MHz DDR)
Unique dual mode cooling (water and passive)
Stable and reliable
2.4 volts extended voltage
High price tag
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance