Overclocking the RAM
Now we come to what we all want to know, just how far this RAM can go in the overclocking department.
With a Core 2 Duo processor and an overclocking friendly Gigabyte P965-DQ6 motherboard, we managed to squeeze out a total of 600MHz (or 1200MHz DDR) out of the modules using the 2.4v maximum voltage that OCZ recommend.
We had to relax the timings a little with them running at a slightly higher 5-9-9-24. It is quite an impressive result considering the modules are essentially already overclocked out of the factory. This was the maximum stable speed we could get to run our tests.
We managed to load Windows XP at 1220MHz DDR but were unable to launch any applications without the system rebooting. No matter how much extra voltage we dumped into her, we didn't get any extra stability.
We also tested the stability with water cooling and passive cooling and hit 600MHz on both water and passive configurations. Running water cooling kept the modules operating at a lower temperature, we didn't have a thermal probe to test, but the touch test left us with a good impression.
Let's move onto the benchmarks now and see how it actually performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup