Overclocking the RAM
Now we come to what we all want to know, just how far this RAM can go in the overclocking department.
With a Core 2 Duo processor and an overclocking friendly Gigabyte P965-DQ6 motherboard, we managed to squeeze out a total of 600MHz (or 1200MHz DDR) out of the modules using the 2.4v maximum voltage that OCZ recommend.
We had to relax the timings a little with them running at a slightly higher 5-9-9-24. It is quite an impressive result considering the modules are essentially already overclocked out of the factory. This was the maximum stable speed we could get to run our tests.
We managed to load Windows XP at 1220MHz DDR but were unable to launch any applications without the system rebooting. No matter how much extra voltage we dumped into her, we didn't get any extra stability.
We also tested the stability with water cooling and passive cooling and hit 600MHz on both water and passive configurations. Running water cooling kept the modules operating at a lower temperature, we didn't have a thermal probe to test, but the touch test left us with a good impression.
Let's move onto the benchmarks now and see how it actually performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system