Overclocking the RAM
Now we come to what we all want to know, just how far this RAM can go in the overclocking department.
With a Core 2 Duo processor and an overclocking friendly Gigabyte P965-DQ6 motherboard, we managed to squeeze out a total of 600MHz (or 1200MHz DDR) out of the modules using the 2.4v maximum voltage that OCZ recommend.
We had to relax the timings a little with them running at a slightly higher 5-9-9-24. It is quite an impressive result considering the modules are essentially already overclocked out of the factory. This was the maximum stable speed we could get to run our tests.
We managed to load Windows XP at 1220MHz DDR but were unable to launch any applications without the system rebooting. No matter how much extra voltage we dumped into her, we didn't get any extra stability.
We also tested the stability with water cooling and passive cooling and hit 600MHz on both water and passive configurations. Running water cooling kept the modules operating at a lower temperature, we didn't have a thermal probe to test, but the touch test left us with a good impression.
Let's move onto the benchmarks now and see how it actually performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league