Overclocking the RAM
Now we come to what we all want to know, just how far this RAM can go in the overclocking department.
With a Core 2 Duo processor and an overclocking friendly Gigabyte P965-DQ6 motherboard, we managed to squeeze out a total of 600MHz (or 1200MHz DDR) out of the modules using the 2.4v maximum voltage that OCZ recommend.
We had to relax the timings a little with them running at a slightly higher 5-9-9-24. It is quite an impressive result considering the modules are essentially already overclocked out of the factory. This was the maximum stable speed we could get to run our tests.
We managed to load Windows XP at 1220MHz DDR but were unable to launch any applications without the system rebooting. No matter how much extra voltage we dumped into her, we didn't get any extra stability.
We also tested the stability with water cooling and passive cooling and hit 600MHz on both water and passive configurations. Running water cooling kept the modules operating at a lower temperature, we didn't have a thermal probe to test, but the touch test left us with a good impression.
Let's move onto the benchmarks now and see how it actually performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design