Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Developer Homepage: http://www.steelbytes.com
Product Homepage: http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=20
Measures both sustained and burst data transfer rates of your hard disks, cd/dvd-roms and floppy.
First up under HD Speed we have the average read speeds which show a similar result to Sandra XI. Before saying anymore, we want you to remember that Seagate claim that their single 7200.10 SATA drives are capable of a maximum sustained data transfer rate of 78MB/s. Both controllers from Intel do a very good job of almost maxing out the single drives sustainable performance shy of just 4MB/s - efficiency is brilliant!
Next are the average writing speeds which put the Intel ICH8R and RocketRAID 2340 very close together. This is impressive considering data coming across the HPT controller has added latency, since it needs to travel a little further. Comparing the Jmicron and the HPT controllers in RAID 0 sees the 2340 coming out ahead by a considerable margin.
Here is our first look at burst speeds and whether or not you consider these numbers important, it's interesting to look at for peak data transfer rates. For some reason, the Jmicron controller showed very slow results. We are starting to see the speed and potential of the 2340 controller nearing 370MB/s - in comparison, the ICH8R with RAID 0 will attain around 400MB/s as there is less latency involved with its more direct link up. As far as single drive confirmations goes, Intel ICH8R has the lead so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni