Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
Developer Homepage: http://www.steelbytes.com
Product Homepage: http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=20
Measures both sustained and burst data transfer rates of your hard disks, cd/dvd-roms and floppy.
First up under HD Speed we have the average read speeds which show a similar result to Sandra XI. Before saying anymore, we want you to remember that Seagate claim that their single 7200.10 SATA drives are capable of a maximum sustained data transfer rate of 78MB/s. Both controllers from Intel do a very good job of almost maxing out the single drives sustainable performance shy of just 4MB/s - efficiency is brilliant!
Next are the average writing speeds which put the Intel ICH8R and RocketRAID 2340 very close together. This is impressive considering data coming across the HPT controller has added latency, since it needs to travel a little further. Comparing the Jmicron and the HPT controllers in RAID 0 sees the 2340 coming out ahead by a considerable margin.
Here is our first look at burst speeds and whether or not you consider these numbers important, it's interesting to look at for peak data transfer rates. For some reason, the Jmicron controller showed very slow results. We are starting to see the speed and potential of the 2340 controller nearing 370MB/s - in comparison, the ICH8R with RAID 0 will attain around 400MB/s as there is less latency involved with its more direct link up. As far as single drive confirmations goes, Intel ICH8R has the lead so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives