Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Developer Homepage: http://www.steelbytes.com
Product Homepage: http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=20
Measures both sustained and burst data transfer rates of your hard disks, cd/dvd-roms and floppy.
First up under HD Speed we have the average read speeds which show a similar result to Sandra XI. Before saying anymore, we want you to remember that Seagate claim that their single 7200.10 SATA drives are capable of a maximum sustained data transfer rate of 78MB/s. Both controllers from Intel do a very good job of almost maxing out the single drives sustainable performance shy of just 4MB/s - efficiency is brilliant!
Next are the average writing speeds which put the Intel ICH8R and RocketRAID 2340 very close together. This is impressive considering data coming across the HPT controller has added latency, since it needs to travel a little further. Comparing the Jmicron and the HPT controllers in RAID 0 sees the 2340 coming out ahead by a considerable margin.
Here is our first look at burst speeds and whether or not you consider these numbers important, it's interesting to look at for peak data transfer rates. For some reason, the Jmicron controller showed very slow results. We are starting to see the speed and potential of the 2340 controller nearing 370MB/s - in comparison, the ICH8R with RAID 0 will attain around 400MB/s as there is less latency involved with its more direct link up. As far as single drive confirmations goes, Intel ICH8R has the lead so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now