DFI's ICXF3200 Motherboard
DFI has really done a fantastic job, not only in the aesthetics department, but also on the functionality side of things.
First off the PCB is a black full 30x24 ATX layout, a big board it is packed to the brim with features. The layout of the plugs, in a word, is excellent. The 24-pin power is located behind the DDR-2 UV reactive memory slots along with the IDE port. The 8-pin aux power connector sits between the CPU and the rear I/O ports at the top left of the board away from the heatsink, allowing good air flow though the system.
The Southbridge operated SATA ports and the FDD port are rotated 90 degrees to the board, making them a cable routing dream, especially for the smaller cases.
The CPU is free from large capacitors that can obstruct the installation of large aftermarket heatsinks. The only thing of any height around the CPU is the heatsink module that sits on top of the 5 phase voltage regulation system that powers the CPU. In case you haven't noticed already, DFI have really tried designing this motherboard just for you guys, the overclockers.
Turning our attention to the rear I/O ports you can see the large space where the KARAJAN audio module sits when it's installed. The RCA ports are SPDIF ports, red for in, yellow for out. The rest is pretty simple.
To the expansion slots and you can see what DFI offers. You can notice this board carries three PCI Express x16 slots. The top two slots are x8 compatible when two Crossfire graphics cards are installed. The last one at the bottom of the board is a x2 powered slot for the Physics card. There are no additional PCI Express slots on the board, only 3 PCI legacy slots. All of the expansion slots are UV Reactive under a black light. Located just below the final USB tower is a VIA 2 port PCI based Firewire chip, this is how the board gets its Firewire support.
Lastly we have the Promise Fastrack PCI Express RAID controller chip. This adds the four extra SATA ports at the bottom of the board, totalling eight SATA ports when you add the Southbridge ones into the equation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Crossfire 3200 Intel Closer Inspection]
- Page 4 [Package and Contents]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crossfire Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand