DFI's ICXF3200 Motherboard
DFI has really done a fantastic job, not only in the aesthetics department, but also on the functionality side of things.
First off the PCB is a black full 30x24 ATX layout, a big board it is packed to the brim with features. The layout of the plugs, in a word, is excellent. The 24-pin power is located behind the DDR-2 UV reactive memory slots along with the IDE port. The 8-pin aux power connector sits between the CPU and the rear I/O ports at the top left of the board away from the heatsink, allowing good air flow though the system.
The Southbridge operated SATA ports and the FDD port are rotated 90 degrees to the board, making them a cable routing dream, especially for the smaller cases.
The CPU is free from large capacitors that can obstruct the installation of large aftermarket heatsinks. The only thing of any height around the CPU is the heatsink module that sits on top of the 5 phase voltage regulation system that powers the CPU. In case you haven't noticed already, DFI have really tried designing this motherboard just for you guys, the overclockers.
Turning our attention to the rear I/O ports you can see the large space where the KARAJAN audio module sits when it's installed. The RCA ports are SPDIF ports, red for in, yellow for out. The rest is pretty simple.
To the expansion slots and you can see what DFI offers. You can notice this board carries three PCI Express x16 slots. The top two slots are x8 compatible when two Crossfire graphics cards are installed. The last one at the bottom of the board is a x2 powered slot for the Physics card. There are no additional PCI Express slots on the board, only 3 PCI legacy slots. All of the expansion slots are UV Reactive under a black light. Located just below the final USB tower is a VIA 2 port PCI based Firewire chip, this is how the board gets its Firewire support.
Lastly we have the Promise Fastrack PCI Express RAID controller chip. This adds the four extra SATA ports at the bottom of the board, totalling eight SATA ports when you add the Southbridge ones into the equation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Crossfire 3200 Intel Closer Inspection]
- Page 4 [Package and Contents]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crossfire Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- Corsair adds more premium to Dominator Platinum Special Edition RAM
- EVGA's huge DG-87 PC crams 4 x watercooled GTX 980 Ti cards, and more
- Corsair shows off Vengeance LED DDR4 RAM, capable of 4333MHz
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream