Package and Contents
DFI has gone with a new colour scheme for its ICFX3200 series board. The box rather than being green goes for a red/yellow motif. On the front there is only the name of the board and the Lanparty UT logo to distinguish it.
The back contains a bit more info on the board's features as well as a detailed colour photo of the board itself with full explanations of its main attractions.
DFI has done a marvellous job on its documentation. The user manual is over 200 pages thick with full details in 4 languages on the board's features and setup. The CD provided comes with all the drivers for the board as well as some software to get you up and running. The floppy disk contains the Windows XP F6 boot drivers for the ATI SB600 and the Promise Fastrack 3410 controller chip, so there is no downloading required for this part.
The cable bundle DFI gives is rather small, but it will get you going - a couple rounded parallel cables that are UV reactive under a black light are provided, one for the IDE and one for the floppy disk. The four SATA data cables are also UV reactive but not SATA-II spec, that is, they don't lock onto the boards SATA ports or the SATA drive - bit of a disappointment there.
Lastly we have what DFI calls its KARAJAN audio module. This is simply a plug in section that goes onto the rear I/O ports to give you the 6 channel audio. The module contains the Audio Codec itself on it. DFI explains it as keeping the noise from the motherboard from making its way into the audio, however, we didn't notice any difference in audio quality compared to a non-KARAJAN audio board. If you plan to use a separate sound card, leave this module out and the system won't detect the onboard audio as the codec chip will be missing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Crossfire 3200 Intel Closer Inspection]
- Page 4 [Package and Contents]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crossfire Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017