Package and Contents
DFI has gone with a new colour scheme for its ICFX3200 series board. The box rather than being green goes for a red/yellow motif. On the front there is only the name of the board and the Lanparty UT logo to distinguish it.
The back contains a bit more info on the board's features as well as a detailed colour photo of the board itself with full explanations of its main attractions.
DFI has done a marvellous job on its documentation. The user manual is over 200 pages thick with full details in 4 languages on the board's features and setup. The CD provided comes with all the drivers for the board as well as some software to get you up and running. The floppy disk contains the Windows XP F6 boot drivers for the ATI SB600 and the Promise Fastrack 3410 controller chip, so there is no downloading required for this part.
The cable bundle DFI gives is rather small, but it will get you going - a couple rounded parallel cables that are UV reactive under a black light are provided, one for the IDE and one for the floppy disk. The four SATA data cables are also UV reactive but not SATA-II spec, that is, they don't lock onto the boards SATA ports or the SATA drive - bit of a disappointment there.
Lastly we have what DFI calls its KARAJAN audio module. This is simply a plug in section that goes onto the rear I/O ports to give you the 6 channel audio. The module contains the Audio Codec itself on it. DFI explains it as keeping the noise from the motherboard from making its way into the audio, however, we didn't notice any difference in audio quality compared to a non-KARAJAN audio board. If you plan to use a separate sound card, leave this module out and the system won't detect the onboard audio as the codec chip will be missing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Crossfire 3200 Intel Closer Inspection]
- Page 4 [Package and Contents]
- Page 5 [Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Crossfire Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis