In The Box
Once the box has been emptied, you will immediately note that you don't have a lot of fluff. You get the power supply, a set of cables that fit into the modular designed system and some mounting screws. Nothing is wasted in the contents of the packaging.
Beginning with the unit itself we see a pretty standard design. It is both ATX and EPS compatible and will work equally well in a standard PC configuration or a server setting.
Power ratings consist of 30A on the 3.3v rail, 28A on the 5v rail and four 12v rails that can handle a total load of 60A. Individually, each 12v rail can handle 18A. This gives you plenty of power to handle even the most power hungry systems and also gives a large capacity power draw on the 5v rail for those older systems that need a little more juice along this rail.
As with most power supplies being sold today, the GPX750 has over voltage protection that allows the power to be killed in the event things get out of whack.
Looking at the rear portion of the unit shows a honeycomb mesh to allow for good airflow, a power outlet and a toggle switch that allows you to turn the power supply on or off. The lack of a voltage selection switch tells us that the unit automatically adjusts between a 120v and 240v outlet.
Turning 180 degrees we see the modular ports of the unit. The two red ports are set aside for the PCI-E devices while the remaining ports are universal to handle whatever cable meets yours needs. They allow the cable to snap firmly into place and I had no problems with loose connections nor issues with the cables being secured properly.
As far as cabling goes there is a good deal of flexibility. The modular design allows you to attach only the connections you need for your system and nothing else. This makes both cable management and airflow a lot easier to deal with.
An inventory of the available cabling shows a 20+4 pin primary power coupler, a 4+4 pin auxiliary power coupler, six SATA connectors, four Molex connectors, two FDD connectors, and two PCI-E connectors. Also included are two sets of Molex splitters that give you additional flexibility in the event you need some more fan ports. Each splitter connects to a standard Molex and has three more Molex to expand the ability to add more devices.
As far as cooling is concerned, this model includes a large 140mm fan to keep things nice and cool inside the housing. The larger fan size also helps greatly with lower noise output while still maintaining a solid supply of airflow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethsoft teases Fallout 4 DLC and huge Survivor Mode changes
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance