While ASUS and Gigabyte may be working in joint ventures since the announcement was made last year to fend off buyout threats from Hon Hai, Gigabyte and ASUS still are producing their own motherboards and competing for market space and performance more than ever - it's business and usual, and they great news for the consumer as they fight it out.
Gigabyte set the Core 2 motherboard market a blaze with their stunning DQ6. We have tested this baby and it's not only the feature king but it has proven to overclock like an unchained crazy beast.
ASUS's first P965 board we tested, the P5B Deluxe, while able to keep up on the onboard features, it certainly isn't able to keep up when it comes down to the crunch in the overclocking front. ASUS fall behind by nearly 80MHz in the FSB department, and with the latest BIOS from Gigabyte, there is even more speed coming from the DQ6, as it keeps surprising us.
ASUS to this point has decided rather than relinquish the performance/overclocking crown to its partner, they have decided to bring out a board that is designed to overclock from the word go.
Today we are testing the latest addition to the ASUS P965 chipset line-up. Dubbed the P5B-E Plus, it's more refined than the P5B Deluxe, though lacking some features, let's have a close look and see if it really does allow you to adjust speed as you wish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched