While ASUS and Gigabyte may be working in joint ventures since the announcement was made last year to fend off buyout threats from Hon Hai, Gigabyte and ASUS still are producing their own motherboards and competing for market space and performance more than ever - it's business and usual, and they great news for the consumer as they fight it out.
Gigabyte set the Core 2 motherboard market a blaze with their stunning DQ6. We have tested this baby and it's not only the feature king but it has proven to overclock like an unchained crazy beast.
ASUS's first P965 board we tested, the P5B Deluxe, while able to keep up on the onboard features, it certainly isn't able to keep up when it comes down to the crunch in the overclocking front. ASUS fall behind by nearly 80MHz in the FSB department, and with the latest BIOS from Gigabyte, there is even more speed coming from the DQ6, as it keeps surprising us.
ASUS to this point has decided rather than relinquish the performance/overclocking crown to its partner, they have decided to bring out a board that is designed to overclock from the word go.
Today we are testing the latest addition to the ASUS P965 chipset line-up. Dubbed the P5B-E Plus, it's more refined than the P5B Deluxe, though lacking some features, let's have a close look and see if it really does allow you to adjust speed as you wish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent