Internally there's not much space to be had, as you'd expect in such a small case.
The motherboard takes up about half the space, positioned slightly to the left. The CPU is positioned in the top right section of the board, with thermal pipes running off to the main heat sink mounted in the top right section of the case. The CPU fan is oddly skewed - rotated to the right. There's a reasonable amount of space around the fan, so there's no intuitive reason why it's been mounted like this.
The far left edge of the motherboard has a long expansion slot with a GC-RISERF-RF riser board. The Southbridge heatsink is between the CPU and this expansion slot. The riser board has a short PCI-E slot on the right which has the Gigabyte add-on graphics card plugged in. The left side of the riser has a PCI slot, into which the TV tuner card is plugged, which extends all the way to the internal edge of the case. Positioned directly above the tuner card is the hard drive. There's only room for one drive in the case, and even though the chipset supports multiple SATA ports and RAID configurations, there's only one SATA port on the board.
Back to the motherboard - right in the middle is the Northbridge heatsink and CMOS battery. Directly underneath are the two RAM slots - only one is used, so you can upgrade the system RAM easily if you desire more performance later down the track. Underneath the RAM slots are the power plugs - the main power is a standard 20-pin ATX supply, but only eight of the pins are actually used. Instead, there are two 12V ATX supplies instead of the usual one - a 4-pin and a 6-pin.
The lower left corner of the motherboard has the COM port which connects to the IR receiver, front panel and front USB ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni