Our package arrived in a cardboard box with the Crucial sticker on the front with some basic info on the memory modules that were supplied. Our kit was the new 2GB variant with 2 x 1GB modules for Dual Channel systems. Dual Channel has been around for ages now, and has proven to be just what the doctor ordered especially for the Intel platform which can support extremely high bandwidth memory across its quad pumped FSB.
Crucial Ballistix memory modules are rated from the factory to run at speeds of 1000MHz DDR with a timing profile of 5-5-5-15, which is the highest latency set that the DDR-2 memory standard provides. These ratings are for the modules at 1000MHz, so usually if you want to run the modules at lower speeds with tighter timings, generally this is easily obtainable. The modules also are rated to a maximum voltage of 2.2v without voiding your warranty, that's a +0.4v increase over default. Most boards these days go beyond that, so if you want to go higher you will void your warranty.
When it comes to marking on the modules, Crucial has really kept it low key - in fact, there are no actual specs of the memory speed or timing ratings. For these you need to use the model number that is printed on a small piece of sticky paper attached to the heatsink and check the Crucial website to get any relevant info on the modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform