The board itself for a desktop board is extremely small. It uses only the original ATX layout; it will fit into even the tightest of ATX cases as it is only one spacer wide. In terms of layout things are done well. The 24-pin power connector along with the IDE ports is located behind the DIMM sockets. That's right; this board only comes with two DDR-2 memory slots. The 4-pin power connector is located at the top left of the board behind the PS/2 tower.
The CPU area is very neat and clean, installing large aftermarket heatsinks will be no problem here. The CPU is givens a 3 phase digital voltage regulation system to provide stable power.
The rear I/O ports are pretty standard for this kind of board. You will note there is a missing port near the serial port. This PCB is also used for the K8M890 that has integrated graphics, so this is where the VGA port sits.
Expansions slots are plentiful. You get a standard PCI Express x16 slot for graphics a graphics card, a couple PCI Express x1 slots for standard expansion and three PCI slots for legacy support.
Lastly we come to the extended features that aren't supported directly by the chipset. Since VIA doesn't have an Integrated Gigabit MAC on its Southbridges like Intel, it relies on external controllers for this. A Realtek Gigabit PCI Express controller chip handles the LAN abilities of this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premier Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset