The board itself for a desktop board is extremely small. It uses only the original ATX layout; it will fit into even the tightest of ATX cases as it is only one spacer wide. In terms of layout things are done well. The 24-pin power connector along with the IDE ports is located behind the DIMM sockets. That's right; this board only comes with two DDR-2 memory slots. The 4-pin power connector is located at the top left of the board behind the PS/2 tower.
The CPU area is very neat and clean, installing large aftermarket heatsinks will be no problem here. The CPU is givens a 3 phase digital voltage regulation system to provide stable power.
The rear I/O ports are pretty standard for this kind of board. You will note there is a missing port near the serial port. This PCB is also used for the K8M890 that has integrated graphics, so this is where the VGA port sits.
Expansions slots are plentiful. You get a standard PCI Express x16 slot for graphics a graphics card, a couple PCI Express x1 slots for standard expansion and three PCI slots for legacy support.
Lastly we come to the extended features that aren't supported directly by the chipset. Since VIA doesn't have an Integrated Gigabit MAC on its Southbridges like Intel, it relies on external controllers for this. A Realtek Gigabit PCI Express controller chip handles the LAN abilities of this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premier Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club