The board itself for a desktop board is extremely small. It uses only the original ATX layout; it will fit into even the tightest of ATX cases as it is only one spacer wide. In terms of layout things are done well. The 24-pin power connector along with the IDE ports is located behind the DIMM sockets. That's right; this board only comes with two DDR-2 memory slots. The 4-pin power connector is located at the top left of the board behind the PS/2 tower.
The CPU area is very neat and clean, installing large aftermarket heatsinks will be no problem here. The CPU is givens a 3 phase digital voltage regulation system to provide stable power.
The rear I/O ports are pretty standard for this kind of board. You will note there is a missing port near the serial port. This PCB is also used for the K8M890 that has integrated graphics, so this is where the VGA port sits.
Expansions slots are plentiful. You get a standard PCI Express x16 slot for graphics a graphics card, a couple PCI Express x1 slots for standard expansion and three PCI slots for legacy support.
Lastly we come to the extended features that aren't supported directly by the chipset. Since VIA doesn't have an Integrated Gigabit MAC on its Southbridges like Intel, it relies on external controllers for this. A Realtek Gigabit PCI Express controller chip handles the LAN abilities of this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premier Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity