BIOS and Overclocking
The EPoX MF570 SLI uses a standard version 6 Award Modular BIOS that resembles just about every other board out there. This tends to be a good thing as making changes are universal and you don't have to learn a new setup each time.
To overclock your board, you will find the features you need under the Power BIOS Features Menu.
The overclocking features of the board are simple and easy to operate, there aren't that many compared to other boards out there but the ranges you get to change are pretty good:
CPU Frequency: 200MHz to 450MHz in 1MHz increments
PCIE Clock: 100MHz to 145MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Voltage: -0.2 to +0.35v in 0.025v increments
Chipset Voltage: 1.5v to 1.8v in 0.1v increments
HT Voltage: 1.2v to 1.5v in 0.1v increments
Under the advanced chipset features are the DRAM controls and voltages. DRAM voltage can be set from 1.8v to 2.2v in 0.1v increments.
We managed a FSB of 350MHz with this board, not the greatest but certainly not the worst. We used our CPU at default voltage, DRAM was at 2.2v, chipset voltage at 1.7v, HT voltage at 1.5v. We used a 6x Multiplier in our overclocking tests.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility done in error, removed
- New Fallout 4 mod lets you play as Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3
- Titanfall 2 getting a grounded, dirty and human single-player campaign
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance