BIOS and Overclocking
The EPoX MF570 SLI uses a standard version 6 Award Modular BIOS that resembles just about every other board out there. This tends to be a good thing as making changes are universal and you don't have to learn a new setup each time.
To overclock your board, you will find the features you need under the Power BIOS Features Menu.
The overclocking features of the board are simple and easy to operate, there aren't that many compared to other boards out there but the ranges you get to change are pretty good:
CPU Frequency: 200MHz to 450MHz in 1MHz increments
PCIE Clock: 100MHz to 145MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Voltage: -0.2 to +0.35v in 0.025v increments
Chipset Voltage: 1.5v to 1.8v in 0.1v increments
HT Voltage: 1.2v to 1.5v in 0.1v increments
Under the advanced chipset features are the DRAM controls and voltages. DRAM voltage can be set from 1.8v to 2.2v in 0.1v increments.
We managed a FSB of 350MHz with this board, not the greatest but certainly not the worst. We used our CPU at default voltage, DRAM was at 2.2v, chipset voltage at 1.7v, HT voltage at 1.5v. We used a 6x Multiplier in our overclocking tests.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs
- Western Digital Corporation renews patent cross-license agreement with Samsung
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing