While EPoX has been out of our labs for a bit, its clear that they haven't moved much beyond the boards they have been producing in the past. While good, they aren't what we would call super enthusiast.
First off the layout was not what we hoped for with cable connectors being placed in ridiculous places on the board, requiring extensive routing of bulky cables past heat critical components like the CPU. The use of the older SATA data ports also put a sour taste in our mouth. While they work, they do cause more problems than the latest version ports.
That said the performance was good, in fact it managed to just keep ahead of the MSI board when running stock speeds using our Radeon X1950 Pro, however, looking at some of the retail prices of the board, its more expensive than the MSI board and doesn't come with the Firewire features that the MSI board comes with.
Overall this board would be good if the price was cheaper than the MSI, since it comes in almost $20 higher, its hard to go past the MSI K9N SLI Platinum over this board. The EPoX MF570 SLI is not so much a bad product but it misses the mark in a few areas.
Fast stock speeds
Extra cooling features
Use of old Gen 1 SATA data ports
Placement of FDD and power connectors
Higher price tag then the MSI K9N SLI
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20