While EPoX has been out of our labs for a bit, its clear that they haven't moved much beyond the boards they have been producing in the past. While good, they aren't what we would call super enthusiast.
First off the layout was not what we hoped for with cable connectors being placed in ridiculous places on the board, requiring extensive routing of bulky cables past heat critical components like the CPU. The use of the older SATA data ports also put a sour taste in our mouth. While they work, they do cause more problems than the latest version ports.
That said the performance was good, in fact it managed to just keep ahead of the MSI board when running stock speeds using our Radeon X1950 Pro, however, looking at some of the retail prices of the board, its more expensive than the MSI board and doesn't come with the Firewire features that the MSI board comes with.
Overall this board would be good if the price was cheaper than the MSI, since it comes in almost $20 higher, its hard to go past the MSI K9N SLI Platinum over this board. The EPoX MF570 SLI is not so much a bad product but it misses the mark in a few areas.
Fast stock speeds
Extra cooling features
Use of old Gen 1 SATA data ports
Placement of FDD and power connectors
Higher price tag then the MSI K9N SLI
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications