While EPoX has been out of our labs for a bit, its clear that they haven't moved much beyond the boards they have been producing in the past. While good, they aren't what we would call super enthusiast.
First off the layout was not what we hoped for with cable connectors being placed in ridiculous places on the board, requiring extensive routing of bulky cables past heat critical components like the CPU. The use of the older SATA data ports also put a sour taste in our mouth. While they work, they do cause more problems than the latest version ports.
That said the performance was good, in fact it managed to just keep ahead of the MSI board when running stock speeds using our Radeon X1950 Pro, however, looking at some of the retail prices of the board, its more expensive than the MSI board and doesn't come with the Firewire features that the MSI board comes with.
Overall this board would be good if the price was cheaper than the MSI, since it comes in almost $20 higher, its hard to go past the MSI K9N SLI Platinum over this board. The EPoX MF570 SLI is not so much a bad product but it misses the mark in a few areas.
Fast stock speeds
Extra cooling features
Use of old Gen 1 SATA data ports
Placement of FDD and power connectors
Higher price tag then the MSI K9N SLI
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- Resident Evil 7's campaign takes 14-16 hours to beat
- Worms WMD is getting an update on December 7
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair