While EPoX has been out of our labs for a bit, its clear that they haven't moved much beyond the boards they have been producing in the past. While good, they aren't what we would call super enthusiast.
First off the layout was not what we hoped for with cable connectors being placed in ridiculous places on the board, requiring extensive routing of bulky cables past heat critical components like the CPU. The use of the older SATA data ports also put a sour taste in our mouth. While they work, they do cause more problems than the latest version ports.
That said the performance was good, in fact it managed to just keep ahead of the MSI board when running stock speeds using our Radeon X1950 Pro, however, looking at some of the retail prices of the board, its more expensive than the MSI board and doesn't come with the Firewire features that the MSI board comes with.
Overall this board would be good if the price was cheaper than the MSI, since it comes in almost $20 higher, its hard to go past the MSI K9N SLI Platinum over this board. The EPoX MF570 SLI is not so much a bad product but it misses the mark in a few areas.
Fast stock speeds
Extra cooling features
Use of old Gen 1 SATA data ports
Placement of FDD and power connectors
Higher price tag then the MSI K9N SLI
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- Galaxy S7 battery said to last two days on single charge
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform