To sum up our testing, we see that while the CCK-6027D HSF doesn't beat out it's larger and louder brother, it does manage to maintain some very acceptable cooling. With my voltage levels set as they are, the 73.6 watts of heat that my processor produces at 1333MHz is more than is produced by a stock 1.4GHz processor at standard voltage settings. What this amounts to is a cooler that will give adequate cooling to a system while being much quieter to the ear. And this is a trait that a LOT of people have been asking for.
Considering the qualities that Vantec was searching for, I'd say that they came very close to hitting it dead-on. About the only complaint I can point out with this cooler is the clipping mechanism. The small bar that secures the copper base to the fins sticks up just enough that it can be a bear to install the rear clip over the lug. Once it is on, the rest of the installation was a breeze, but that initial lug was a bit tough. Other than that, we have a very good cooler that produces reasonable cooling, and is easy on the ears.
Bottom line...This heatsink is not made for those who are very aggressive in their overclocking. It is, however, designed to work with fast processors in which noise levels are a concern. For these applications, this is probably the best low-noise sink that I've tested to date. Take a serious look at it if this is a concern of yours.
All copper design
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim: Special Edition already has 73 console mods
- GIVEAWAY: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4G / 2G
- Google buys VR eye-tracking startup company
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now