To sum up our testing, we see that while the CCK-6027D HSF doesn't beat out it's larger and louder brother, it does manage to maintain some very acceptable cooling. With my voltage levels set as they are, the 73.6 watts of heat that my processor produces at 1333MHz is more than is produced by a stock 1.4GHz processor at standard voltage settings. What this amounts to is a cooler that will give adequate cooling to a system while being much quieter to the ear. And this is a trait that a LOT of people have been asking for.
Considering the qualities that Vantec was searching for, I'd say that they came very close to hitting it dead-on. About the only complaint I can point out with this cooler is the clipping mechanism. The small bar that secures the copper base to the fins sticks up just enough that it can be a bear to install the rear clip over the lug. Once it is on, the rest of the installation was a breeze, but that initial lug was a bit tough. Other than that, we have a very good cooler that produces reasonable cooling, and is easy on the ears.
Bottom line...This heatsink is not made for those who are very aggressive in their overclocking. It is, however, designed to work with fast processors in which noise levels are a concern. For these applications, this is probably the best low-noise sink that I've tested to date. Take a serious look at it if this is a concern of yours.
All copper design
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS