To sum up our testing, we see that while the CCK-6027D HSF doesn't beat out it's larger and louder brother, it does manage to maintain some very acceptable cooling. With my voltage levels set as they are, the 73.6 watts of heat that my processor produces at 1333MHz is more than is produced by a stock 1.4GHz processor at standard voltage settings. What this amounts to is a cooler that will give adequate cooling to a system while being much quieter to the ear. And this is a trait that a LOT of people have been asking for.
Considering the qualities that Vantec was searching for, I'd say that they came very close to hitting it dead-on. About the only complaint I can point out with this cooler is the clipping mechanism. The small bar that secures the copper base to the fins sticks up just enough that it can be a bear to install the rear clip over the lug. Once it is on, the rest of the installation was a breeze, but that initial lug was a bit tough. Other than that, we have a very good cooler that produces reasonable cooling, and is easy on the ears.
Bottom line...This heatsink is not made for those who are very aggressive in their overclocking. It is, however, designed to work with fast processors in which noise levels are a concern. For these applications, this is probably the best low-noise sink that I've tested to date. Take a serious look at it if this is a concern of yours.
All copper design
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz