The test system consists of:
- Antec SX1030 Tower Case
- Abit KT7A
- Thunderbird 1000
- Arctic Silver Thermal Compound
- 256MB PC133 CAS2 SDRAM
- Creative Annihilator2 GTS w/ 32MB
- Sound Blaster Live
- Western Digital 20.5GB @ 7200 rpm
I used my normal testing procedures with this heatsink. This consists of taking the temperature at idle, then running a consecutive looping of the 3dMark2001 Demo, and then running the system through an intense Deathmatch in Quake III Arena. I have found that these two tests can really stress out a system, and they are very good at producing a lot of heat. They are also quite processor intensive, which is what I wanted to see what's hot and what's not. Ambient room temperature was 21.5C for all tests.
Tests are conducted at the processor's standard speed of 1000MHz and then again at 1100MHz so that we can see how it does with the added pressure of an overclocked system. The charts below show how the Gladiator performed against some of its biggest competitors.
That takes care of the testing at 1000MHz. it's easy to see that the Gladiator is easily the King of the Hill. Its copper base along with the massive Delta fan on top is an unbeatable combination.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Nokia 230 is here and it's $55
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader