Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that PlayStation 4 (PS4) computer entertainment system with 500GB hard disk drive (HDD), originally priced at $549.95AUD will now be available in Australia at the new recommended retail price of $479.95AUD including GST.
Jim Ryan, SCEE president and CEO commented: "We are delighted to deliver the PS4 system at its best-ever value just in time for the holiday season, making it more accessible to a broader audience in Europe." He went on to say, "With this year's biggest blockbusters and next year's best exclusives such as UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End set to thrill players, there has never been a better time to join the PS4 community. Also, watch out for an amazing range of Ultimate Player Edition Bundles including the 1TB PS4 and some of the biggest games of the year, offering even greater value."
Demonstrating strong support from 3rd party developers and publishers, upcoming PS4 software titles this year in Australia include highly anticipated releases such as Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.) and Star Wars Battlefront (Electronic Arts Inc.), launching alongside special PS4 hardware bundles. Blockbuster exclusives such as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (SCE Worldwide Studios) and Street Fighter V (Capcom) are also expected to join the PS4 software title portfolio in 2016.
In addition to the new attractive price point, SCE will accelerate the expansion of the PS4 system to new audiences by further enhancing the PS4 ecosystem, which includes strengthening the PS4 software line-up, bolstering the network services available on PlayStation Network and introducing PlayStation VR, the virtual reality system that expands the world of PS4. The recent PS4 system software update 3.00 includes a range of new features, from entirely new functions such as a new Events App and YouTube Live streaming direct from the PS4 system, as well as visual enhancements to the user interface.
There is no better time to join PlayStation as SCE continues to expand the world of PS4 through attractive software titles and network services to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4