Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today introduced the Lexar Professional 2933x and 1400x XQD 2.0 cards, as well as the Lexar Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader) for professional videographers, photographers, and enthusiasts. The Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 is the fastest XQD card on the market today, delivering a dramatically enhanced workflow with the quickest capture and transfer performance available.
Designed for use with the latest generation of high-definition camcorders and high-resolution DSLRs, the new XQD 2.0 cards deliver read transfer speeds up to 2933x (440 MB/s) and 1400x (210 MB/s) respectively, enabling an accelerated workflow that allows users to quickly capture and store stunning, high-quality images and 4K video. These new rugged, high-speed cards support both PCI Express Gen 2 and USB 3.0 interfaces.
"The Lexar Professional 2933x and 1400x XQD 2.0 cards provide exceptional resilience to environmental factors such as water, vibration, shock, and temperature, so they're the ideal tool for professional photographers and videographers using XQD based DSLRs, such as the Nikon 4DS, looking to capture the highest quality images or video in any environment," said Wes Brewer, vice president and general manager, Lexar. "And pairing these new cards with the Professional Workflow XR2 reader gives photographers and videographers the ability to quickly offload content and complete post-production work, so they can save time and refocus on their business and craft."
"We are happy to see Lexar's XQD 2.0 memory card announcement, as it signifies their commitment to supporting the evolution of this important technology," remarked Hiroyuki Ikegami, department manager of product planning, Nikon Corporation. "We expect our camera technology to continue alongside these very same evolutions, and along with the new Lexar XQD 2.0 card and reader line, we look forward to watching the XQD host device market grow and thrive."
The Lexar Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader) is compatible with both the Professional Workflow HR2 (Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub) and Professional Workflow HR1 (USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub).
The Lexar Professional Workflow line also consists of a selection of other memory card readers, supporting SDHC/SDXC UHS-I and UHS-II, CompactFlash UDMA 7, CFast and CFast 2.0 (USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt), and microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I and UHS-II formats. Products are sold separately, making it easy for users to customise their workflow solution to their unique needs. All Lexar Professional Workflow products are backed by a two-year limited warranty.
Lexar works with major camera manufacturers to ensure Professional memory cards are compatible with their products. Additionally, all Lexar memory card designs undergo extensive testing in the Lexar Quality Labs to validate performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 1,100 digital devices. Lexar Professional XQD 2.0 cards come with a limited lifetime warranty, and include a lifetime copy of Image Rescue software to help recover lost or deleted photo or video files.
The latest additions to the Lexar Professional XQD product line will have the following MSRPs:
Lexar Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 card: £479.99 (128GB), £255.99 (64GB), £139.99 (32GB)
Lexar Professional 1400x XQD 2.0 card: £149.99 (64GB), £96.99 (32GB)
Lexar Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader): £35.99
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017