Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today introduced the Lexar Professional 2933x and 1400x XQD 2.0 cards, as well as the Lexar Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader) for professional videographers, photographers, and enthusiasts. The Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 is the fastest XQD card on the market today, delivering a dramatically enhanced workflow with the quickest capture and transfer performance available.
Designed for use with the latest generation of high-definition camcorders and high-resolution DSLRs, the new XQD 2.0 cards deliver read transfer speeds up to 2933x (440 MB/s) and 1400x (210 MB/s) respectively, enabling an accelerated workflow that allows users to quickly capture and store stunning, high-quality images and 4K video. These new rugged, high-speed cards support both PCI Express Gen 2 and USB 3.0 interfaces.
"The Lexar Professional 2933x and 1400x XQD 2.0 cards provide exceptional resilience to environmental factors such as water, vibration, shock, and temperature, so they're the ideal tool for professional photographers and videographers using XQD based DSLRs, such as the Nikon 4DS, looking to capture the highest quality images or video in any environment," said Wes Brewer, vice president and general manager, Lexar. "And pairing these new cards with the Professional Workflow XR2 reader gives photographers and videographers the ability to quickly offload content and complete post-production work, so they can save time and refocus on their business and craft."
"We are happy to see Lexar's XQD 2.0 memory card announcement, as it signifies their commitment to supporting the evolution of this important technology," remarked Hiroyuki Ikegami, department manager of product planning, Nikon Corporation. "We expect our camera technology to continue alongside these very same evolutions, and along with the new Lexar XQD 2.0 card and reader line, we look forward to watching the XQD host device market grow and thrive."
The Lexar Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader) is compatible with both the Professional Workflow HR2 (Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub) and Professional Workflow HR1 (USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub).
The Lexar Professional Workflow line also consists of a selection of other memory card readers, supporting SDHC/SDXC UHS-I and UHS-II, CompactFlash UDMA 7, CFast and CFast 2.0 (USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt), and microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I and UHS-II formats. Products are sold separately, making it easy for users to customise their workflow solution to their unique needs. All Lexar Professional Workflow products are backed by a two-year limited warranty.
Lexar works with major camera manufacturers to ensure Professional memory cards are compatible with their products. Additionally, all Lexar memory card designs undergo extensive testing in the Lexar Quality Labs to validate performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 1,100 digital devices. Lexar Professional XQD 2.0 cards come with a limited lifetime warranty, and include a lifetime copy of Image Rescue software to help recover lost or deleted photo or video files.
The latest additions to the Lexar Professional XQD product line will have the following MSRPs:
Lexar Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 card: £479.99 (128GB), £255.99 (64GB), £139.99 (32GB)
Lexar Professional 1400x XQD 2.0 card: £149.99 (64GB), £96.99 (32GB)
Lexar Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader): £35.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court