Synology Inc. today announced the release of DiskStation DS416 and DS216play, NAS servers designed for optimized task processing. While DS416 is equipped with a powerful hardware encryption engine, DS216play can transcode 4K video on-the-fly.
"Synology aims to provide high-value storage solution to home and business users. DS416 has been designed to provide an all-in-one NAS server optimized for encryption, making it an affordable server for sensitive data transmission. DS216play, thanks to its powerful 4K transcoding capabilities, is a high-value NAS server for home users," said Jonathan Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
DS416, feature-rich and high-performance NAS server optimized for businesses and homes
Addressing the growing needs for efficient and encrypted storage, DS416 provides an ideal solution for SMB and home users looking for ample storage without crippling their IT budget. Featuring a powerful 1.40 GHz dual-core CPU with a dedicated hardware encryption engine, 1 GB RAM and two LAN ports, DS416 is able to reach transfer speed of 221.05 MB/s reading speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and over 139.51 MB/s writing. DS416 delivers fast encrypted data transmission speeds of up to 146.5 MB/s reading and 65.85 MB/s writing.
For convenient backup and transfer, DS416 has three USB 3.0 ports, including one on the front panel, guaranteeing quick access and data transmission. The disk trays benefit from Synology tool-less design and are hot swappable. Associated with network, fan, and drive redundancies, these hardware designs guarantee a superior uptime and a better overall reliability.
DS216play, multimedia-optimized, high-value NAS server ready for 4K UHD transcoding
DS216play features real-time 1080p H.264 and 4K h.265 Ultra HD video transcoding capabilities, allowing you to stream 4K digital TV and movies to digital media players, mobile handsets, and computers, without having to install a 3rd party video player.
Equipped with a 1.50 GHz dual-core CPU and 1 GB RAM, DS216play delivers an average of 107 MB/sec reading and 91 MB/sec writing speeds under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment. The built-in floating point unit further enhances the user experience for multimedia enjoyment and thumbnail generation. The DS216play energy efficient design consumes only 15 watts in access and 6.8 watts during disk hibernation.
DS416 and DS216play run on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.2, which provides rich features to boost users' productivity and simplify their tasks, all on a sleek user interface optimized for multitasking. Synology was honored, twice in a row, with PC Mag Business Choice Award and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV comes to PC in 2018, NVIDIA optimized
- Pre-ordered Note8 to come with a free 360 camera
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect