Sony Computer Entertainment Australia and Stan are pleased to announce a match made in entertainment heaven. Subscription video-on-demand service Stan is set to launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on Thursday October 8th. Combine Australia's largest library of SVOD content, with Australia's fastest selling gaming console in history and you've got the ultimate hub for any entertainment fan.
To add to the excitement the partnership means the streaming service will be available to PlayStation® owners just as the highly anticipated exclusive premiere of Ash vs Evil Dead launches on Stan on October 31. The TV adaptation of the cult horror franchise Evil Dead sees original filmmakers Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert reunited for the series, with Bruce Campbell reprising his iconic role as Ash.
Michael Ephraim, Managing Director at Sony Computer Entertainment, said, "Partnering with Stan is one of the most exciting additions to our entertainment offering to date, and another step towards allowing us to bring a full suite of gaming and entertainment to the whole family - not just gamers.
"Stan's positioning and popularity as one of the best SVOD services in the market means our fans can see PlayStation is the best place to play, watch and listen this Christmas. Not only do we have the best music, TV and films - we also have the best games, making PS4 the best set top box for the whole family."
In addition to Ash vs. Evil Dead, PlayStation owners will also be able to enjoy the ultimate HD binge-fest with fast-tracked TV shows like iZombie, UnREAL and Power; plus every episode of popular series such as Friends, The O.C., Community, Justified and Breaking Bad; as well as the upcoming new series of Emmy award winning Transparent, Emmy nominated Better Call Saul, brand new Sherlock and Stan Original series No Activity.
Blockbuster movies including all three instalments of The Hunger Games and every Bond film ever made, plus kids favourites such as Adventure Time, The LEGO Movie, iCarly round out this entertainment mega offer.
Mike Sneesby, Stan CEO, said "Our partnership with PlayStation brings Stan to the highest selling game console in Australia. We are thrilled that new and existing subscribers can now access Stan's library of award winning TV shows and box office hits directly on their PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4."
"Launching Stan on PlayStation is a significant milestone in our roadmap as we bring Australians more ways to access our exciting line-up of content in HD on the big screen."
To celebrate this momentous entertainment friendship, every time an eligible customer spends $30 or more on any eligible PlayStation product at participating retailers, including JB HiFi, Target, Big W, EB Games and the PlayStation store they will be entitled to a three month bonus Stan subscription*.
Existing Stan subscribers can log in to the app on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 from Thursday October 8 with their existing username and password. New subscribers can sign up at http://www.stan.com.au and start their 30-day free trial. Stan gives you unlimited access to TV and movies in HD for just $10 a month.
Latest News Posts
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning