Independent game developer Pencil Test Studios in partnership with indie publisher Versus Evil have released Armikrog, the highly-anticipated spiritual successor to the cult classic The Neverhood. Armikrog for PC, Mac and Linux is now available to purchase for $24.99 through all major digital retailers, with a deluxe edition featuring the full game soundtrack by Terry Scott Taylor, also available for $29.99.
Armikrog has been created using classic stop motion animation sculpting, set building and clay and puppet fabrication techniques. Follow the adventures of space explorer Tommynaut and his pal Beak-Beak (a blind talking dog) as they crash land on an alien planet, and help them escape from the mysterious fortress called Armikrog. Guide the pair through a variety of precarious situations in gorgeously hand crafted environments packed with puzzles and a slew of odd inhabitants. Voiceover talent includes well-known actors Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Rob Paulsen (Pinky and the Brain) and Michael J. Nelson (Mystery Science Theater 3000).
"We're proud, exhausted, elated, and humbled to finally launch Armikrog," said Pencil Test Studios co-founder Mike Dietz. "Without the help of Doug TenNapel who created the original concept and main characters, Terry S Taylor who produced the ethereal and fun soundtrack, our strong and loyal Kickstarter community and a host of experienced artists and talented volunteers, we would not have managed to bring our collective vision to life. This is a true form of playable art. We can't thank everyone enough."
"We were incredibly excited when we partnered with the Pencil Test team to help them bring this game to market, and seeing the end product come to life has been very fulfilling" said Versus Evil General Manager Steve Escalante. "Armikrog is truly a handcrafted, one-of-a-kind video game that will appeal to gamers of all ages."
The launch trailer for Armikrog can be viewed here:
For more information about Armikrog, visit http://www.armikrog.com
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017