Independent game developer Redacted Studios in partnership with indie publisher Versus Evil today announced the launch of the highly-anticipated sequel Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, Volume 1. The game, which is available now for digital download on PC and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, will also be available for Xbox One via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program on October 9th, 2015.
Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, Volume 1 is the first of three distinct volumes that will be released, each with its own new story arch, characters and combat styles to master, plus original soundtracks by up and coming indie hip hop artists that have been mentored by music producer and rapper RZA of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.
"Having worked on the original Afro Samurai video game, I am thrilled that we were able to collaborate with the same creative team once again to bring this vision to life. Having original creator Takashi Okasaki, music director RZA as well as some of the original acting talent, like Phil Lamar involved has been a blessing and we've been humbled by their commitment to this franchise," commented Dave Robinson, President and Lead Producer on the game. "It's been a labour of love for all involved and we really think that fans world-wide will truly appreciate and love where we have taken this story."
A PC and a limited-exclusive console PlayStation 4 bundle of all three volumes are available to purchase for AUD$52.95 on PC and 20% off the SRP for PlayStation. PlayStation Plus members can get the bundle for the best value at 30% off. Volumes 1, 2 and 3 will be sold separately as they become available for an SRP of $AU22.95 on all platforms.
"As an indie publisher, it's not every day that you get to launch a game with an indie studio that folds in a manga license with a cult following, supported by a music icon RZA and a 15 time NY Times bestselling author Jim DeFelice" said Steve Escalante, General Manager at Versus Evil. "However, the indie team at Redacted Studios proved they had the passion and determination to do it justice and we are incredibly proud to be able to launch this game with them. Afro Samurai will be our first multi-platform launch and we are excited to get this onto the big screens at home."
Versus Evil is also soliciting submissions for the Submit Your Track contest where up and coming hip hop artists can create their own original Afro Samurai inspired music track for use in a future game soundtrack. The deadline for all submissions is October 7th, 2015. Full details of the contest and submission instructions can be found here: http://afrosamuraigame.com/contest/
For more information about Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, visit http://www.afrosamuraigame.com
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications