Independent developer C3SK and noted survivalist game label Devolver Digital have announced that the anticipated online multiplayer survival horror thriller Noct is set to release on PC, Mac, and Linux on October 22. Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and musician Worldclock have scored Noct's evocative soundtrack and fans can grab a free track from the coming 12-track soundtrack now at noctgame.com.
Noct is a 2D top-down multiplayer survival horror game that blends arcade combat with RPG survival elements. You are a survivor of the apocalyptic purge that formed the desolate wasteland now known as Noct and your experience in this catastrophic new world is viewed through a thermal image satellite system high above the Earth. Players will be tasked with exploring a hostile wasteland alone or with other survivors they run into online to uncover the mysterious downfall of their world or clash with one another over food, ammunition, and safety from the unfathomable dangers lurking in the perpetual night.
"I was invited into the world of Noct to compliment the established work of Wordclock, and to collaborate, bringing a spirited sense of melody and hope to an utterly devastated terrain, one enshrouded in despair and haunted by... creepy fucking monsters," said Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck. "It has been a hair raising experience, cooperating to design the immersion of this audio trek. The team are each scrupulous creatures and together we enjoy turning over many stones."
Noct will be playable at this weekend's Twitchcon in San Francisco prior to its launch on PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam. For more information on Noct fans can visit noctgame.com and follow @NoctGame on Twitter. Probably worth buying some backup underwear before the game launches.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017