AudioQuest NightHawk headphones are now available from authorized AudioQuest dealers worldwide. In the increasingly crowded high-performance headphone market, NightHawk redefines luxury, beauty, comfort, sustainability, construction quality, sound quality, and overall value. Accompanying NightHawk's release, a comprehensive website details its development, innovative technologies, and bold design goals.
Said NightHawk designer, Skylar Gray: "We reevaluated and reimagined every aspect of headphone design to create a product that might serve to advance the state of headphone art-one that we hope inspires music lovers, headphone enthusiasts, thinkers, engineers, and creators of all kinds."
Designed for low distortion and maximum performance, NightHawk features a number of alternatives to typical headphone design.
- Unlike the overwhelming majority of headphones that use driver diaphragms made of Mylar, NightHawk's cone drivers are constructed from bio-cellulose, an all-natural material largely incapable of creating the harshness and ringing that so often plagues Mylar.
- NightHawk's bio-cellulose driver is equipped with a compliant rubber surround. This enables pistonic motion of the cone and provides a proper energy-killing termination to preserve the coherence of timing information.
- Unlike most headphone driver baskets, NightHawk's basket is designed for perfectly even distribution of its air vents, thus avoiding distortion-causing rocking of the voice-coil, enabling improved low-frequency control and extension.
- NightHawk's patented split-gap motor precisely focuses the magnetic field toward the extremes of the voice-coil's travel, resulting in lower intermodulation distortion and a cleaner, more balanced overall presentation.
- NightHawk comes equipped with two headphone cables: one designed for minimum distortion and maximum sound quality, and a second cable designed for outstanding durability.
Early critical response has been very positive. In the September 2015 issue of HiFi News, Ken Kessler decided, "The NightHawk isn't merely a superb 'first effort,' it is a superlative headphone, period."
DigitalTrends' Ryan Waniata noted "a gorgeous balance of warmth below and precision above." PC World's Elias Plastiras added, "The headphones gave us a glimpse of every single note being played, from the softest strum to the harshest thrash, and the bass was neither left behind nor overdone." Stereophile's Herbert Reichert reported, "The NightHawks had me choking back tears of musical appreciation."
AudioQuest's NightHawk headphones are available now at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $599 US/$699 CAD/€599/£499/$895 AUD (EU and UK, VAT included).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand