Silicon Power, the world's leading provider of memory storage solutions, today unveils the latest addition to its Armor Series portable hard drives－Armor A85 and Armor A85M. Inheriting the ultra-rugged specifications of Armor series, the A85/A85M utilizes the special internal structure design and rigid aluminum exterior to strengthen its protections against various kinds of treats including shock, pressure, water and dust. With rigorous mechanism designs, the A85/A85M passed the U.S. military's drop test of MIL-STD 810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV (transit drop test) and the IP68 standard that it can resist water and dust invasion.
The A85/A85M also proved to be perfectly pressure-resistant for it can withstand up to 500 kg of force. Furthermore, the A85 provides SP HDD Lock Utility, the free-download full disk encryption software, to enhance better data security with limited access by a password. Featuring such all-round protections, the A85/A85M appears to be the best data safeguard for businessmen and outdoor users. With regard to the outer design, the A85/A85M surpasses the ordinary with sophisticated metallic casing and streamline look that show the luxurious and modern style.
One Device at Hand, All Threats Away
Armor A85/A85M USB 3.0 portable hard drive is meticulously geared with three layers of defense to prevent the drive from vital hurts that may happen during daily operations. The internal suspension system and rubber covering are engineered to build up the first layer of defense that ensures incredible vibration damping to stand against all physical impacts. The A85/A85M passed the U.S. military drop test that they can survive a freefall test with the height of 122 cm on 26 contact points. Additionally, the A85/A85M is equipped with the second layer of defense with seamless cup-shaped design for exceptional waterproof and dustproof protections, by which the A85/A85M meets the IP68 standard and proves its capability to resist water immersion at depth of up to 1.5 meter for up to 60 minutes.
Lastly, the A85/A85M fortifies its protection by using the heavy-duty aluminum case as its third layer of defense to fight against pressure that it is able to endure pressure up to 500 kg. Incorporating the three layers, the A85/A85M guarantees to keep your data safe from possible damages caused by accidental drop, pressure, dust and water. Moreover, the A85/A85M introduces the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface which features blazing-fast data transfer speeds and offers users an extremely effortless and time-saving user experiences.
Smarter with Cable-carry Design, Safer with Full Disk Encryption
Armor A85/A85M USB 3.0 portable hard drive presents extraordinary fashion taste with luxurious aluminum casing that glistens in metallic glow. And the sleek drive body makes the A85/A85M even more stylish in every angle. The innovative cable-carry design is especially equipped for simple cable storage that the cable can be easily fixed on the back side of the drive. By such design, users don't have to worry about leaving cables behind anymore. Moreover, the A85M is especially designed for MacBook users, and it is already formatted in HFS+ format and supports Time Machine. In order to ensure higher data security, the A85 especially provides the free-download "SP HDD Lock Utility Software", an encryption software by which a password is required whoever want to get access to the data stored in the hard drive.
In addition, the A85 and A85M offer the exclusive free software download-SP Widget/SP Widget Mac, which provides multiple back-up and security functions including 256-bit AES Encryption. Both the software should be downloaded from SP official website. The A85/A85M is backed by a 3-year warranty and offers three capacity options of 500GB, 1TB and 2TB that allow users to store hundreds of songs, photos, videos and important documents. For free software download or more product information, please visit the Silicon Power official website: http://www.silicon-power.com
Armor A85/A85M Portable Hard Drive
- Compliant with the U.S. military drop-test standards MIL-STD 810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV (transit drop test)
- Advanced internal hard drive suspension system
- Meet IP68 dustproof and waterproof standard
- Pressure-resistant with aluminum casing
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Intelligent cable-carry design
- Easy to plug and use; no external adapter required
- Armor A85 offers SP HDD Lock Utility free software download for full disk encryption (Note: Please remember your password. If you forget it, you will not be able to access your data.)
- 256-bit AES encryption with SP Widget/ SP Widget Mac
- Capacity: 500 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB
- Dimensions: 132.5 x 92.3 x 25.9 mm
- Weight: 298g~364 g (by capacity)
- Material: Aluminum/ Rubber/ Plastic
- Color: Silver
- Interface: USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 compatible
- Power supply：DC5V (Power supplied through USB)
- Supported operating systems：
- A85- Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.5.x, Linux 2.6.x
- A85M- Mac OS 10.5.x
- Operating temperature: 5℃~ 55℃
- Storage temperature: -40℃~ 70℃
- Warranty: 3 years
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4