Lite-On's next generation enterprise-level EP2 SSD extends and enhances PCIe interface performance
Lite-On, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of enterprise and client Solid-State Drives, announces its next generation EP series, the EP2 M.2 with NVMe protocol, at Flash Memory Summit 2015 in Santa Clara, California. As the demand for data storage, server virtualization, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and cloud computing applications increases, companies are looking for ways to consolidate as well as integrate storage solutions that address the need for rigorous workloads.
Lite-On's NVMe M.2 PCIe SSDs are capable of combating various storage issues in the datacenter environment. The EP2 series enables systems to process large amounts of data-intensive applications. By combining the NVMe protocol with Lite-On's customized firmware, commands are bypassed and subsequently, result in improvement for multiple queues and higher queue depths. The CPU is also used to its full potential, so that the IOPS will not be bottlenecked by single core limitations.
The EP2 series delivers superior speed with random read and write performance of up to 250K IOPS/25K IOPS. With ultra-low latencies of 35/35 (μs), the EP2 ensures the fastest and most consistent command response times in the industry. The EP2 also features power loss protection (PLP), scalability, end-to-end data protection, low power consumption, high endurance, sustained performance, and customized firmware, which supports mixed-use environments and application workloads such as online transaction processing (OLTP), financial transactions, E-commerce, SQL logging, collaboration and email servers.
"Lite-On storage takes pride in quality, innovation, and performance for all of our storage products. I'm happy to announce our next generation EP series SSD. The EP series utilizes the latest NVMe protocol, which is combined with our proprietary firmware. This removes the bottleneck on SATA hardware and creates at least 1.4x throughput improvements for all workloads. We are committed in continuing to bring innovative products to meet today's storage demands and stay competitive in the growing market," said Darlo Perez, Managing Director of Lite-On Americas region.
Lite-On will also be showcasing its new ER1 and EM1 SATA SSDs. Designed to address the capacity and performance needs of hyperscale computing, virtualized data centers, and rigorous I/O server operations, both the ER1 and EM1 doubles the maximum capacity of its read intensive drive of up to 4TB --one of the largest capacity of SATA solutions in the marketplace-- in two compact form factor sizes, 1.8" and 2.5."
Please join us at Flash Memory Summit at the Santa Clara Convention Center from August 11-13, 2015. Visit booth #621 for new upcoming products, exciting giveaways, and live demos.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system