Samsung Electronics announced a new suite of slim and sophisticated USB Flash Drives (UFD) available in three ergonomic form factors, each equipped with robust Samsung NAND flash technology.
The introduction of this product line now provides customers with a more complete menu of branded memory products available from Samsung that currently include, a full line of SD and microSD memory cards, internal SSDs and portable SSD products. All of the USB 3.0 drives are also compatible with USB 2.0 and come in metal-based design equipped with Samsung's robust NAND flash and equipped with Samsung's 5-proof technologies and a 5 year warranty commencing on the date of purchase.
"Launching the premium UFDs will provide a full lineup of external storage products that can be used with confidence for all our global customers." said, Un-Soo Kim, Senior Vice President of Branded Product Marketing, Memory Business at Samsung Electronics. "Our customers now have a quality, one-stop-shop for all their memory needs."
Samsung USB 3.0 flash drives come in three different form factors - Bar type as well as FIT and DUO types. The bar type offers a modern classy look with a light champagne colored, high-quality metal casing for added durability, and a streamlined spherical end for ergonomic experiences, which allow users to easily insert and extract the drive from devices and can double as a subtle key ring to help prevent loss. Measuring 40 mm long and weighing under 9 grams, the drive is specifically designed for use in PC devices and is available in three capacities, 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. The drive offers sequential read speed of up to 130 MB/s, allowing users to download a 2.4 GB full HD video or approximately 40 hours of mp3 music from the UFD to their device in less than 20 seconds.
The Samsung USB 3.0 flash drive FIT is the most compact of Samsung's new UFD lineups. It is designed for use in ultra-slim notebooks or in automobiles equipped with USB ports for data or music storage. The drive allows great portability and maintains streamlined edges of devices while providing an easy grip for removal. The FIT drive is less than 20 mm long and weighs just over 2.0 grams and also offers sequential read speed of up to 130 MB/s in both 32 GB and 64 GB capacities.
The Samsung USB 3.0 flash drive DUO is specifically designed for smartphone, tablet and PC users on the go who require added flexibility of an all-in-one solution for standard and micro USB ports. The DUO comes with a convenient attached cap that protects the micro USB. The drive provides sequential read speed of up to 130 MB/s and is compatible with Android devices with a micro USB 2.0 interface. The DUO drive is available in 32 GB and 64 GB capacities and is less than 37 mm long and weighs less than 6 grams.
The Samsung 5-Proof technology guarantees each drive to withstand up to 72 hours in seawater and survive operating temperatures from -0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F). Data stored on the drives will not be affected by standard airport X-ray machines or extreme levels of shock up to 1,500g (gravitational force), and can resist up to 15,000 gauss magnetic force, which is the equivalent of a high-field MRI scanner.
A total of seven drives in different form factors and capacities will be available globally, including in Korea, the United States, China, Europe and other regions, further strengthening its presence in the global memory market. The drives will be also available in 128 GB capacity in each form factor later this year.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017